hi all newbee, wr400 seat height

5 replies to this topic
  • wr-400

Posted January 11, 2010 - 11:58 AM

hi there all i am a newbee on here, i have just purchased a wr 400 on a 2000 w plate, runs great and everything but i have 1 problem, i am only about 5 ft 6" in height and the bike is a little big, i can not touch the floor properly i was just wondering is there any way in lowering it a little, or buying a new spring that will make it a little lower for me. this is only so that when i stop at some lights i can actually ride away properly or is it a case of getting a smaller cc bike? any help grateful :moon:

• kevin1209

Posted January 12, 2010 - 12:09 PM

Here's a link for a lowering link. You can also take the seat cover off, shave the seat foam with a large carving knife, and staple it back on. Or take your seat to an upholstery shop and let them do it professionally.

• byggd

Posted January 12, 2010 - 12:57 PM

How thick is your seat pad? If you have enough you can trim it down some.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted January 12, 2010 - 08:41 PM

One other option to seat shaving and lowering links is to have a suspension shop install spacers to decrease the travel and seat height.

• WR 400F

Posted January 16, 2010 - 07:04 PM

I had same problem because Im 5' 6'' with 2000 wr 400 I sent it to kessler suspension they lowered 2 inch. and revalved my suspension. 300 later I was happy as hell made all the difference in the world to me. also added hot cams stage 1 yz tank seat

• wr-400

Posted January 17, 2010 - 03:25 AM

many thanx, im only 5ft 6" and 9 stone so i no what needs to be done then. im not wanting to get rid as its a lovely bike

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.