All Black Plastic-99 WR400?

4 replies to this topic
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted May 06, 2003 - 09:25 AM

Wondering if anyone has found a place to get an all black plastic kit for the WR's. I've got a 99, and would at least like to entertain the thought of going all black. Would look pretty sweet. :)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 06, 2003 - 10:08 AM

I've looked and had no luck. I, too, would like an all-black bike. Acerbis makes black front and rear fenders and I think side panels and fork protectors, but the fly in the ointment is the fender shrouds. All I can find are blue and white for the 99's. I've considered spray paint but that would eventually look cheesey.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • litespeed

Posted May 06, 2003 - 11:57 AM

Be carefull when you get the rear fender, most say they will fit a wr--which they do--its a YZ and there is no place for the light.

• Chaindrive

Posted May 06, 2003 - 01:46 PM

I just so happen to have a '99 WR with ALL black plastic. :) You will drive yourself crazy looking for it, but it IS available. The manufacturer does not realize that YZ plastic fits a WR (sort of). I say "sort of" because the funky radiator shroud holes are at a different angle, but same location. Not a big deal.

I got the UFO fenders from Dennis Kirk. The shrouds and side panels were the hard part. I cheated and used flexible bumper paint on my headlight housing.

You will have to buy direct from Acerbis since EVERY dealer on the planet would rather tell you they don't exist rather than even check using a part number you give them :D ...

Side panels are #215915705 and cost me $55.95. I need to find the rest of my receipts, and I can give their phone# and the part # for the shrouds, too, but I am REAL late for work right now :D . Let me know. This should be enough to get you started...

• jchantzWR400F

Posted May 09, 2003 - 09:37 AM

I would be interested in the part numbers for the applicable pieces. Also, how well did the shrouds mount up with the different angled mounting holes. Would love to see pics if you've got'em.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.