where are they and what are they going for

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2010 - 10:23 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=852477
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=842513

• CaptainKnobby

Posted January 11, 2010 - 06:44 AM

where are they and what are they going for

I dont know where they are but if mine doesnt get here soon they are going to have to sell it to me as a left over :moon:

• Mike546

Posted January 11, 2010 - 05:29 PM

I dont know where they are but if mine doesnt get here soon they are going to have to sell it to me as a left over :cheers:

When is it due in Captain? I've had mine since the day before Christmas and I'll be taking it out for the first time this Thursday. I cant wait. :moon:

• mediumfast

Posted January 11, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Mine was supposed to be here (WA) in December and it finally got to the warehouse yesterday. I'm gonna call tomorrow to see when I can pick it up. Hopefully my long frustrating wait is about over.

• honda907

Posted January 12, 2010 - 04:15 AM

Is the supply of these new 21010 YZ 450s that limited. My dealer got two, traded another dealer one of his, and said this is all he can get for the year. He originally ordered 4, gets two, and it doesn't matter that he sold about 28 leftover 08 last year. They did sell only about 4 09's last year ( one to me) because of the price.

If this is the case, I may buy something else, as I am not buying anything till April.

• ProMed

Posted January 12, 2010 - 06:02 AM

If this is the case, I may buy something else, as I am not buying anything till April.

I would bet that in April you will still be able to get one from your dealer... and cheaper as well.

• cowboyona426

Posted January 12, 2010 - 08:04 AM

There was one on the showroom floor begging me to buy it about 1.5 months ago in NE WA. So hard to resist the urge, heck my daughter wanted to get it almost as bad as I did :banghead: (she likes the hidden exhaust pipe after melting her shoe on my header last summer, it was the first thing she noticed... without any prodding from dad!)

• mediumfast

Posted January 12, 2010 - 04:25 PM

Mine left the warehouse in Seattle yesterday and should show up at the dealership any time between now and Thurs. Looks like the weather is going to hold out for a break in ride Saturday or Sunday. I look forward to finally getting but there's a lot of prep work before hand. Once I get it greased and the aftermarket stuff on I'll be ready for some seat time.
The dealership I'm going thru is getting another blue one in March but I think it's spoken for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • honda907

Posted January 12, 2010 - 06:34 PM

I think the bike is full of hype, just like the Honda last year. Seems to me that it needs an exhaust and 20 mm clamps, plus the suspension is soft. Heck I think a 09 is a great deal( around here about 48-49 hundred plus tax) and all I bought for mine was a pipe. I thought my 09 was the best bike ever that I owned, and I have bought over 50 mx bikes.
Actually, I may just buy another 09 at the price. Just hope they are around.

• mediumfast

Posted January 12, 2010 - 08:20 PM

I think the bike is full of hype, just like the Honda last year. Seems to me that it needs an exhaust and 20 mm clamps, plus the suspension is soft. Heck I think a 09 is a great deal( around here about 48-49 hundred plus tax) and all I bought for mine was a pipe. I thought my 09 was the best bike ever that I owned, and I have bought over 50 mx bikes.
Actually, I may just buy another 09 at the price. Just hope they are around.

I agree that the 2010 has been very hyped. Yamaha did a very good job of advertising (with the exception of the schematic that slipped out early). The question, at least for me, is whether or not it's a better bike than the one I have now (2008 CRF450). To be honest it doesn't really matter because whatever I don't like about the bike will be changed to my liking thru the aftermarket. But then again most people do the same thing. I haven't bought a bike yet that was perfect for me and I tend to be quite picky. I can honestly say that the 2008 CRF450 is the best bike I've owned. My opinion of course.

• gfmoto

Posted January 12, 2010 - 09:15 PM

I've ridden the 2010 yamaha and it is not hype! the bike is very good stock, the best stock 450 i've ridden. I had a 08 crf 450 great bike once the suspension is fixed, the motor is soooo fast it was a blast to ride but it wore me out!! The yamaha is a step ahead of the competition with this new bike.

• mediumfast

Posted January 13, 2010 - 07:20 AM

There's more hype around this bike than anything else I can remember...and that goes back awhile. I didn't say it was unjustified. I said there's a lot of hype. I'll be able to give you a little more information in a few days.

• grayracer513

Posted January 13, 2010 - 07:35 AM

(as long as) I can remember...and that goes back awhile.

Not that far, from my point of view. :banghead:

But you're right. It was hyped. Masterfully, monumentally, and very deliberately hyped. I might even be cynical enough to say that the "leaks" were calculated. But so far they've sold every unit that I know of for at or near or over full price. That does not mean anything one way or other about whether it will measure up to the hype (it would be kind of hard to, really), only that it was.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 13, 2010 - 08:07 AM

I dont know where they are but if mine doesnt get here soon they are going to have to sell it to me as a left over :banghead:

:bonk::lol::ride: Yeah the 2011 will be here in 9 mos

• grayracer513

Posted January 13, 2010 - 08:37 AM

:banghead::lol::bonk: Yeah the 2011 will be here in 9 mos

Wow. That's less time than the average wait for a room in a Canadian maternity ward.

• KOLDO7

Posted January 13, 2010 - 09:17 AM

Does someone have information about the EFI when its used at 2300 meters of altitude? Which maps should I use?

• grayracer513

Posted January 13, 2010 - 11:34 AM

If the system is equipped with a baro sensor (barometric pressure) it will compensate for altitude automatically.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.