Dent in the Silencer?

2 replies to this topic
  • flyinguitars

Posted October 20, 2000 - 07:07 AM

Help!!!
I was goin over my new '01 426 and noticed an ulgly dent in the bottom of the silencer. I called the dealer and they said the factory put the "dent" there in case of bottoming out and making contact with the caliper. Sounds logical to me but the dent is ugly and looks like a damaged silencer to me. The dealer said all 426's have them, I figured this is the place to find out. Please let me know if this is true or the if the dealer needs a beating.
Thanks,
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 20, 2000 - 07:08 AM

Your dealer is giving it to you straight! I thought the same think as you when I got my YZ400, they all have the dents from the factory...

Paul in AZ

• MikeOK

Posted October 20, 2000 - 07:21 AM

Yep- me too. The guys all hounded me when I asked too :) It looks like they dented it in with a big rock...

Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.