Does this look stock (part 2)?

6 replies to this topic
  • TheHarp

Posted January 09, 2010 - 11:27 AM

When removing the throttle cables from the carb, I noticed this safety-wired piece inside the housing. Any idea why?

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted January 09, 2010 - 12:36 PM

Yup. Supposed to defeat the linkage spring and increase the accelerator pump discharge.

Usually requires grinding off the stop button on the AP diaphragm so that the AP linkage doesn't keep the throttle from opening. It's a sort of a "goon" mod, IMO.

• TheHarp

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:42 PM

So it causes more fuel to be dumped into the carb when the throttle is transitioned from off to on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • locomike

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:48 PM

Wow, keep looking the bike over. There might be a pound of crystal meth in the gas tank. It looks like someone seriously tweeked out on that bike...:moon:

• mxmaddman

Posted January 09, 2010 - 02:33 PM

I have seen this done with rubber bands more than once. Not uncommon at all. I would have just added a smaller leak jet.

• Charlie755

Posted January 09, 2010 - 02:58 PM

This is a pretty common mod. Look in the stickys for the o-ring mod. Same idea. I do the o-ring mod to all of my sons bikes. It doesnt mean the rest of the bike is half assed either. Most people I know that race do this mod.

• TheHarp

Posted January 09, 2010 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.