Frame guards for 06 WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • Bandit9

Posted January 09, 2010 - 06:27 AM

I did a search, got zero results. Search engine isn't so good, b/c I know probably a thousand people have probably posted about frame guards in the last 8 years.

Anyhow, all I can find are the Works Connection/Devol frame guards for my 06 WR450. They don't cover the upper part of the frame. I squeeze the frame with my boots and there is a wear spot up high. I would like to find the black plastic guards that run all the way the frame towards the seat. Any leads?

• eu001939

Posted January 09, 2010 - 09:36 AM

Try a company called "lightspeed". They make the frameguards for the Yamaha accessories catalog. I didn't find your model directly, but maybe you can send the an E-mail and ask ?

• ADVnaut

Posted January 09, 2010 - 12:59 PM

I have carbon fiber guards on my '06 from Universal Motocross. They don't cover high but it is common for people to put grip tape on the frame where your boot tops rub.
You can see a closer pic of the guards in my garage.

Posted Image

• Bandit9

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:03 PM

Try a company called "lightspeed". They make the frameguards for the Yamaha accessories catalog. I didn't find your model directly, but maybe you can send the an E-mail and ask ?

Yeah, I saw those but like you said, none listed for 06 WR450F. However, isn't the frame on the 06 WR450 the same frame as the 05 YZ450F? I sent an email to Lightspeed asking that very question.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ADVnaut

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:07 PM

Yep, it's the same. That is the model carbon fibers I have on my bike.

• Bandit9

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:09 PM

I have carbon fiber guards on my '06 from Universal Motocross. They don't cover high but it is common for people to put grip tape on the frame where your boot tops rub.
You can see a closer pic of the guards in my garage.

Right now on the upper part of the frame I'm using some Rubber Mastic Tape #2228 made by 3M. It works pretty good.

I will have to take any advice you give with a grain of salt, considering the fact that you are an Aggie. I noticed the TX A&M headcover on your driver.:moon:

Seriously, thanks for the reply. Nice bike too. Those tires look like the stock Dunlop 739's. How much have you rode that 06? Thing looks brand new still.

• ADVnaut

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:17 PM

Right now on the upper part of the frame I'm using some Rubber Mastic Tape #2228 made by 3M. It works pretty good.

I will have to take any advice you give with a grain of salt, considering the fact that you are an Aggie. I noticed the TX A&M headcover on your driver.:moon:

Seriously, thanks for the reply. Nice bike too. Those tires look like the stock Dunlop 739's. How much have you rode that 06? Thing looks brand new still.

Haha, you got me there. I even quit taking my own advice for that very same reason. No problem on the reply. Good luck. I may have to check out the mastic tape for my bike. Here's a link to my garage if you want to see the other views. I am very happy with mine and I got them on crazy sale for $30 regularly $100.

http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=7721

• ShibbyZ

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:27 PM

I use non-skid tape from Home Depot. Boots really get a grip and when they get a little ratty looking, a hair drier to remove it and replace with a new strip. Life long supply at a bargain price with no damage to the boots.

• ShibbyZ

Posted January 09, 2010 - 01:31 PM

Use some non-skid tape. Get it in sheets at your local hardware, Home Depot, etc. No damage to boots or paint. Works for me for a long time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.