WR450f street legal kit for $159.99

22 replies to this topic
  • yz450fguy

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

I just had a buddy inform me of a complete street legal kit on Ebay for only $159.99. He just got one for his bike and loves it. I just bought one. Will let you know how it goes. If it is as good as he says it will be a score. Has anyone else tried them.:moon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item335913afdd

Edited by yz450fguy, 08 January 2010 - 08:43 PM.

• Yamaha_Chuck

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:04 AM

Haven't tried it but I'll be getting one soon enough. Thanks

• the_smoo

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

thats not a bad looking kit... ive seen some that are absolutely horrid 80's style looking capers that are dreadful... seems like a good buy, let us know how it fits up!

• nhalbrecht

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

that looks JUST like the stuff you can get from rockymountain.... I think you can get all the pieces separately, it is their house brand "tusk" that makes it. you should add them all together and see if your getting a good deal or not... would be curious to know.

-nic

• Yamaha_Chuck

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Does the handlebar switch include a switch for hi/low beam? It looks like it does but nothing is mentioned about it in the item description. I contacted the seller about this yesterday but he has not responded yet.

• 1trackmind

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

that looks JUST like the stuff you can get from rockymountain....

-nic

It probably is. The "item location" is Santaquin, which is just a few miles from the RM warehouse. Still nice to have it all packaged up.

• nhalbrecht

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

It probably is. The "item location" is Santaquin, which is just a few miles from the RM warehouse. Still nice to have it all packaged up.

very true!
-nic

• Navaho6

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

This same kit is sold by Rockymountainatv.com for the same price - their part # 1285760004. There are very good installation directions in .pdf format on their website.

• Yamaha_Chuck

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:21 AM

Crap! I ordered mine from e bay and paid the $13 shipping when I could have gotten it from RM with free shipping. Oh well, it should be worth it anyway.

• WRSJ

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:02 AM

And then add dot tires, good looking kit,no more plat on the tool pack

• cat0020

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

Has anyone installed this kit on their WR yet?
Post some pictures if possible..

• Wikki

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

I just had a buddy inform me of a complete street legal kit on Ebay for only $159.99. He just got one for his bike and loves it. I just bought one. Will let you know how it goes. If it is as good as he says it will be a score. Has anyone else tried them.:banghead:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item335913afdd

So you just register it as an on road vehicle at the DMV? I live in CA.

• pgdirtman

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

I'm in NC but you have to get it inspected, notorized bill of sale, off to DMV, tell them you have no title and hope for the best. You can search for CA.

• weathergeek

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

Pics would be nice when your done. Would like to see it.

• cat0020

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

I received the kit today, will take my time putting it on the bike, since it is still below freezing in the garage.

• weathergeek

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Don't forget pics.

• ASternad

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

So you just register it as an on road vehicle at the DMV? I live in CA.

Little more work than just that - you will need the following and then some.
1. Green Sticker 4 Stroke
2. Certified Brake and lamp inspection
3. Stickers that state the bike complies with BAR and CA or Federal air act (don't remember for sure).
4. All the different DMV Based forms
5. bring the bike to the DMV for inspection and Register the bike as a Dual registration.

I get a lot of heat every time I mention the site that can assist in this endeavor, because - A. there are non-believers B. just negative to begin with C. "it's a scam" and D. The old one liner " I know a guy, who knows someone who got there plate taken away".

No worries...Be Happy!

Oh Yeah - The kit is on RM's site - it's under their house brand TUSK as the mfg.

• KennyMc

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Little more work than just that - you will need the following and then some.
1. Green Sticker 4 Stroke
2. Certified Brake and lamp inspection
3. Stickers that state the bike complies with BAR and CA or Federal air act (don't remember for sure).
4. All the different DMV Based forms
5. bring the bike to the DMV for inspection and Register the bike as a Dual registration.

I get a lot of heat every time I mention the site that can assist in this endeavor, because - A. there are non-believers B. just negative to begin with C. "it's a scam" and D. The old one liner " I know a guy, who knows someone who got there plate taken away".

No worries...Be Happy!

Oh Yeah - The kit is on RM's site - it's under their house brand TUSK as the mfg.

The sticker on the bike needs to say it meets Federal and CA emissions for ON-road.

• Mntnchild123

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:51 AM

I have the kit, and am currently installing it. Seems to be a good kit so far. There seems to be a lot of "Modify as necessary" type of situations. I think it would be easy for the mechanically inclined. Im stuck on the hi/low wire installation. Does anyone know if the stock headlight for an 06 has high/low capability?

• ecboy79

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

I have been looking into that kit to put on my WR250 here in UT. I asked the safety inspection guy at the local Yamaha dealership what he thought of it and he said its a decent kit, but it is not a complete kit as is does not include a high/low beam headlamp or a DOT approved speedometer. Plus you have to make sure you have DOT tires. I don't know if those are the same requirements for other states or not..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.