Kawasaki
Yamaha
Honda
KTM

Why did they dump on the KTM?

• clutchless

Posted January 08, 2010 - 10:56 AM

Why did they dump on the KTM?

Probably because KTM pulled their ad dollars.

For all the TW mags, you pay to play.

Want to win a review? Buy more ads.

TW's web is cool but the print is simply a paid advertisement.

• meyermetal

Posted January 08, 2010 - 10:59 AM

Probably because KTM pulled their ad dollars.

For all the TW mags, you pay to play.

Want to win a review? Buy more ads.

TW's web is cool but the print is simply a paid advertisement.

That is precisely why I didn’t renew my subscription.

I bet they didn’t even have many negative points about any of the bikes :moon:

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted January 08, 2010 - 11:27 AM

That is precisely why I didn’t renew my subscription.

I bet they didn’t even have many negative points about any of the bikes :cheers:

You didn't keep the subscription at least for the posters?
:moon:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 08, 2010 - 11:30 AM

I do not think I am going to renew any magazines this year....sick of all of 'em

• clutchless

Posted January 08, 2010 - 12:19 PM

I do not think I am going to renew any magazines this year....sick of all of 'em

mags are now just marketing tools for web sites. they drive readers to the web.

any companies buying ads these days are ones who have marketing budgets to piss away or have marketing managers that still get stiffies from seeing their over priced ad campaign in glossy print from their best friends design firm.

• DPW

Posted January 08, 2010 - 01:13 PM

here's the summary from the article>>>

OVERALL
When the dust settled and the votes were tabulated, the Kawasaki KX45OF was unanimously chosen first by all four of our test riders. With the strongest motor we’ve ever ridden on a stock bike, and nearly flawless suspension and handling traits, the 2010 Kawasaki KX45OF is quite simply the best bike we’ve ever tested.

Yamaha threw conventional thinking out the window when it designed the new YZ45OF, and the radical machine is head-and- shoulders better than the machine it replaced. Curiously enough, the new bike still feels like a Yamaha from the moment you throw a leg over it, and that’s a good thing What does the YZ45OF need to top the charts in 2011? More weight on the front end and better top-end power.

Even though the Honda CRF45OR enjoyed only minor refinements for 2010, we must admit that we were surprised to see our defending bike of the year finish third. Blessed with a light, flickable feel and an excellent engine, the Honda has plenty of hidden potential that can be unlocked with some fine-tuning. What does the CRF45OR need to regain the crown in 2011? A more balanced front-to-rear weight bias and more relaxed front- end geometry.

Depending on the track, the KTM 450SX-F was sometimes one of the best-liked bikes in the comparison. When all was said and done, though, testers simply preferred the crispy feel of EFI and the fast-rewing powerbands that the technology produces. KTM continues to close the gap in handling arid ergonomics on the more traditional Japanese machines, and this is without a doubt our favorite KTM yet. What does the 450SX-F need to top the other in 2011? Well, it’s already got the best clutch and the only electric starter in the class.. .all it needs now is an updated intake system and a further refined suspension package,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tk1

Posted January 09, 2010 - 02:21 PM

I think MXA had them:
KTM
Yamaha
Kawasaki
Honda

Never found much value in anything TW had to say. In either case I think the Yamaha was 2nd. Which is still impressive considering the changes made from last year's model.

• mx317

Posted January 10, 2010 - 07:55 AM

Last year TW reported in their test that the KTM 450SXF had a 5 speed when it only had a 4. They also had the triple clamp offset wrong.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 10, 2010 - 07:17 PM

funny, wheres Suzuki

• meyermetal

Posted January 11, 2010 - 05:24 AM

The yellow bikes haven't been released yet...they should be rocket ships since both #45 and #5 had such huge holeshots at A1...or maybe it's because they each weigh 110lbs

Edited by meyermetal, January 13, 2010 - 01:55 PM.

• Pappy141

Posted January 13, 2010 - 09:30 AM

This shootout goes against every other shootout that I've read so far (MXA, Dirt Bike, Motorcycle USA). Transworld seems to sugarcoat everything, don't worry in 2 months they'll tell us "how to fix your 2010 KX-450".

• 642MX

Posted January 13, 2010 - 06:17 PM

I stopped spending money on them 2 years ago...

• Madmax31

Posted January 14, 2010 - 09:53 AM

If you are really into MX than you know that the only mag to base where you spend your money is MXA. I buy and enjoy reading TWMX but find their bike and product tests a joke.

• Pappy141

Posted January 15, 2010 - 06:49 AM

When you look at the lap times that TW posts under each test rider, the bikes are listed as 250's...What a bunch of hacks, they can't even edit their own magazine before going to print?

• cmcdaniel

Posted January 15, 2010 - 07:48 AM

I bought a 2010 YZ450F just last week. I am coming off of an 06' 450 which did not turn. I'm no pro but I am not sure what TWMX is talking about, this thing goes wherever you point it, with ease. The 06, even with the best fron tire and the sag set carefully, felt like it had ballbearings under the front sneaker.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.