My Jets finally arrived today, Recommendations?

4 replies to this topic
  • basicblues

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:14 PM

FINALLY! My carb jets arrived today so I am leaning on the experience of you TT experts by asking for recommendations to possibly get me closer to dialed in from the start.

I am about 600 above sea level, my grey wire has been pulled, my air box has been modified. I have a GYT-R insert but have no sound laws here (yet) so I may run uncorked occasionally or I might modify the GYT-R insert. Carb is still stock and I have most of the jets Yamaha offers available. I also have the YZ needle so I would need to know which clip position. Thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:18 PM

What bike are you on? 250, 400, 426, 450?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • basicblues

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:37 PM

Sorry about that! WR450 of course!!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 06, 2003 - 01:19 AM

I would start rich and work my way leaner. I expect you will be somewhere in this range: 165 - 160 main jet, stock needle in clip 4 or 5, 72 or 68 starter jet, 48 or 45 Pilot jet. Let the bike get good and hot before evaluating your throttle response. I like a little soft popping on shutting the throttle from 1/2 - full open throttle position. It seems to pull and rev the best from there. Dont forget to set your fuel air screw for the bottom end response. Get a zip ty or copy installed while you are rejetting. :)

Posted May 06, 2003 - 08:40 AM

Excellent advice Indy! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.