Hard starting when cold after cam swap

2 replies to this topic
  • XC800.X

Posted May 05, 2003 - 03:39 PM

Hi guys,

When the bike is cold it takes about 10 kicks to get it to fire. Twisting the throttle seems to help. I get the occassional pop while kicking it but once it fires up it seems perfect. No popping on decel and smooth at part throttle. Is it possible that I'm still too lean?(starter jet maybe?) Before I did the cam swap,BK mod,James Now,and rejet it didn't run as well but always started right up 1st or 2nd kick. Basically I think it's close but not quite perfect.

I would appretiate anyones opinion.
/bike/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashpc.gif
Thanks,
Shawn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bfg50

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:12 PM

That's how my bike starts. You described it perfectly. It's been that way since I installed the YZ cam. When the bike is cold it takes allot of cranking to get it to fire. Twisting the throttle definitely helps. It always pops while cranking it but once it fires up it is perfect.

I wish I knew what it needs.
:)

• XC800.X

Posted May 06, 2003 - 07:39 AM

I don't know, maybe I just need to revise "the drill". Today I gave the throttle 4 full slow twists and it fired 1st kick. :)

Shawn

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.