I need some help

5 replies to this topic
  • DP9

Posted January 06, 2010 - 11:09 PM

I have a 08 WR 450 and I just clipped the gray wire and took off the throttle stop, but now my bike boggs out. I have to keep the eons way up for it not to happen. Does anyone have any Solution for me???

• atitagain

Posted January 07, 2010 - 05:13 AM

Did you "clip" the correct gray wire? FYI most of us just remove the wire from the plug. It is located behind the left side # plate. DO NOT just remove the throttle stop! The stock one needs to be cut to YZ specs or buy one for a YZ. Without the stop in place the throttle can stick in the full throttle position! NOT GOOD!

• DP9

Posted January 07, 2010 - 05:49 AM

I replaced the throttle stop with the yz pin. And the gray wire, I did get the one under the seat. Unplugged it and taped it eliminating any connections

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted January 07, 2010 - 09:02 AM

I have a 08 WR 450 and I just clipped the gray wire and took off the throttle stop, but now my bike boggs out. I have to keep the eons way up for it not to happen. Does anyone have any Solution for me???

Did you rejet the bike too? The very lean stock jetting could be the culprit.

• DP9

Posted January 07, 2010 - 10:04 AM

No I haven't but it will be my next move. Thanks for the insight

• wondermuscle

Posted January 07, 2010 - 12:56 PM

No I haven't but it will be my next move. Thanks for the insight

If you ride around sea level and have a stock exhaust I would start with the following jetting.

165 Main
4th Clip on the needle
45 Pilot
1.5 turns out on the fuel screw.

Good luck and report back to us.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.