XR600 - Tire Sizes

3 replies to this topic
  • Rhino

Posted May 05, 2003 - 12:39 PM

Need a DOT approved tire for my thumper and I was looking at the Kenda Trakmaster.

Anyone know if the Kenda Trakmaster II (K760) 120/110x18 will fit on my '94 xr600r, the guy at RockyMountainMC.com said it takes a 110/100x18, but I think that's just the stock tire recommendation, can't you run a size bigger (or is that asking for trouble). :D

I know different tire brands use different sizing so I thought I would ask. Isn't the first number tread width and the second number sidewall height, or is it the aspect ratio (or is that for car/truck tires)??? :)

Any help would be appreciated.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:30 PM

That tire will fit with no problems what-so-ever. You can run a 140/80-18 if you wish. As far as I know the second number is the aspect ratio, but I could be wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtboy

Posted May 05, 2003 - 06:33 PM

First number is tread width in milimeters, the second is percentage of height to width. So, a 110/100 is also 110 milimeters high. I like to use a 120/100 size in the desert because it is about as tall a sidewall as you can get. I am highly interested in the Michelin Baja DOT legal. It's available in a 140/80 size!

• Moredesert

Posted May 06, 2003 - 10:31 AM

The Baja rear tire is a great tire. I us it all the time on long desert rides.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.