what helmet?

11 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 03, 2001 - 02:44 AM

As of last night I need to buy a new helmet. My roomate and I were washing our bikes and I left my helmet on the edge of the driveway ... needless to say he was in a hurry and backed over it. The front is now smashed. Does anyone know of an inexpensive helmet yet good quality? What kind does everyone wear?

• Bill

Posted April 03, 2001 - 02:50 AM

HJC, CLX-3...I think. It was only $140, removable liner, great fit, comfortable and has a great paint job to match the WR/YZ's.

You can see one at www.mxsouth.com

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-03-2001).]

• rm

Posted April 03, 2001 - 10:28 AM

i own an HJC clx-3. it's comfortable, has good visibility and looks good. i recomend it.

[This message has been edited by rm (edited 04-03-2001).]

• Jemtec

Posted April 03, 2001 - 09:42 PM

I just looked at the helmet tonight. The HJC CLX-3 looks great. Im needing a new one, and have been looking. Thanks for the Input.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 04, 2001 - 03:09 AM

Thanks guys. My local shop has a HJC for sale so I went an tried it on last night. Your right it is very comfortable. Im deciding between the HJC and a Bieffe SX Tech. Does anyone have any info on the Bieffe?

• Steve_Morgan

Posted April 04, 2001 - 10:35 AM

I have a Bieffe, but I don't remember the model #. I don't like it because the angles on the sides interfere with my goggles, so they don't seal well against my face. Also, the liner doesn't come out, and I've never been able to get "the smell out" after it stayed wet for a week last fall...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 04, 2001 - 11:04 AM

KBC makes a pretty sweet helmet.

• motoman393

Posted April 04, 2001 - 01:36 PM

Yeah I like the KBC also...it is very light and cheap (i got mine for $130) and it has a killer paint job!

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• wayneoXCF

Posted April 04, 2001 - 03:23 PM

Also check out www.bobscycle.com
The prices are always cheaper, and no tax, shipping.

• Tree_Crippler

Posted April 05, 2001 - 03:04 AM

HJC or Fulmer make good cheap helmets with removable liners for under$150. Both are DOT and Snell95.

• bonez34

Posted April 05, 2001 - 02:48 PM

i bought my helmet from BTO sports last year, it's a MSR superlight with the silver meatl flake paint, very sweet. they had them on sale for $169 or something. worth every penny. check www.btosports.com and they also have a o'neal helmet for $99. don't know of their quality but for a hundred bucks it's hard to beat.

Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

• JBM

Posted April 06, 2001 - 08:28 AM

I agree on the HJCs, but I have their top of the line model, the AC-X1. The paint scheme is awesome, it is very lightweight, has good venting, very comfortable, removable liner and all that stuff. It's only $189 at http://www.midwestmoto.com/
It's an excellent helmet. Look around, you will see that a lot of supercross pros wear them, if that means anything to you.

[This message has been edited by JBM (edited 04-06-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.