torque wrench

11 replies to this topic
  • crf250r04

Posted January 05, 2010 - 05:55 PM

Do any of you know a good place to get a torque wrench, I can't find one that is not below 30 ftlbs anywhere local. I was wondering if there was anywhere online I could get one.
Thanks

• i_wheelie_longer

Posted January 05, 2010 - 06:23 PM

i got mine at Sears

• skisnh

Posted January 05, 2010 - 06:46 PM

ebay...just got a mac $300.00 tool for 86.00!!!

• coreyl

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:42 PM

if you dont mind not having a name brand then harbor freight has them for 10 dollars i have used it for 2 years with no problems

• specialkcrf

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:47 PM

sears i got mine half off you can get it online from sears too if you dont have a store around you mine was normally 80 bucks and i got it for 40 but im not sure if that deal is still going on

• specialkcrf

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:47 PM

sears i got mine half off you can get it online from sears too if you dont have a store around you mine was normally 80 bucks and i got it for 40 but im not sure if that deal is still going on

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yeah I got the Pittsburgh brand inch lb. and ft. lb. at harbor freight. I know they aren't the best quality out there but they have worked great for me.

• crf250r04

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:59 PM

^ which one did you get from sears, there are a few around here and none of them here have a torque wrench that is less than 30ftlbs.
Thanks

• specialkcrf

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:55 AM

^ which one did you get from sears, there are a few around here and none of them here have a torque wrench that is less than 30ftlbs.
Thanks

i think it was the micro torch ill check it tomorrow mornin and let you know

• RCannon

Posted January 06, 2010 - 05:12 AM

Do any of you know a good place to get a torque wrench, I can't find one that is not below 30 ftlbs anywhere local. I was wondering if there was anywhere online I could get one.
Thanks

You dont find many with a range from 10-100 or 20-100, or somethign like that. They tend to get inaccurate when used at the extreme ends of the scale.

Check out the smaller, inch/lb versions for the small work. I have a nice torque wrench from the Yamaha rebate program years back, and a couple of the cheap Harbour Freight ones. The HF models suck, the finish is bad, but they are both dead on accurate...go figure!

• tech24

Posted January 06, 2010 - 05:27 AM

+1 on above, sears or harbor freight if its just for at home use. If you want something under 30ftlbs you'll need a 1/4in drive inlb wrench for best accuracy

• myoung

Posted January 06, 2010 - 10:38 AM

It might sound dumb to some, but if you have a local pawn shop, hit them up. I've found a lot of high end tools, some brand new, for pretty cheap that way. Just sayin.........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.