2010 450

8 replies to this topic
  • cablemonkey334

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:26 PM

does anyone know the weight of the stock exhuast system?

• jeff14

Posted January 05, 2010 - 06:40 PM

yes the stocker is 7lb15oz on my trusty little scale.. The full fmf Ti is 2lb3oz lighter.If you just get the slip on it only saves 15 oz. jeff

• mediumfast

Posted January 05, 2010 - 08:03 PM

yes the stocker is 7lb15oz on my trusty little scale.. The full fmf Ti is 2lb3oz lighter.If you just get the slip on it only saves 15 oz. jeff

Thanks for the info. Jeff. This is good info. I will be looking to shave a few pounds where ever I can. She needs a diet. Everyone says it feels light at 245 lbs. Can you imagine what it would feel like at 240 or 235? I bet the factory (if you can call them that anymore) bikes are ridiculous...

• SparksXR426

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the info. Jeff. This is good info. I will be looking to shave a few pounds where ever I can. She needs a diet. Everyone says it feels light at 245 lbs. Can you imagine what it would feel like at 240 or 235? I bet the factory (if you can call them that anymore) bikes are ridiculous...

Do you really think you are gong to notice a few pounds less on a bike if the weight is already well distributed? Maybe you are way more sensitive to your machine than I am but it sounds like burning money to me. Maybe try riding it with almost no fuel a see if you notice that or skip that cheeseburger before riding. Amounts to the same thing doesnt it?:moon:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mediumfast

Posted January 05, 2010 - 09:36 PM

Do you really think you are gong to notice a few pounds less on a bike if the weight is already well distributed? Maybe you are way more sensitive to your machine than I am but it sounds like burning money to me. Maybe try riding it with almost no fuel a see if you notice that or skip that cheeseburger before riding. Amounts to the same thing doesnt it?:moon:

nah, i just think i'm more sensative than you. :cheers:

• Thumper38

Posted January 06, 2010 - 04:20 AM

Thanks Jeff i was looking for this info too! Can you tell us more about the FMF system?

• jeff14

Posted January 06, 2010 - 07:01 AM

The fit was not as good as I would of liked , the slip on fit the stock head pipe fine, but when I got the header it all seemed a little off , had to push & pull to make the bolt holes line up . I hope its not a problem long term, as the Ti heat cycles , maybe the heat will relieve some of the binding. We shall see. The slip on softened the low hit some & helped the over rev some . , I have not ridden yet with the header installed. I actually ordered them at different times. the header has the puck style mega bomb can. I have modded the mapping which helped the over rev about as much as the slip on did. I pulled out timing at the very top with some fuel . I seem to spend my time rideing instead of remapping as I have only tried a new map one time.
The tuner by its self may not let the motor rev out enough . my intent is to make a longer smooth pull , not more power & the weight savings is great.. Fyi I raced my 09 450 yamaha all year with the stock pipe = smooth long pull . The 2010 seems to be a burst motor say for supercross type tracks. I prefer tractable. jeff

• Davey762

Posted January 06, 2010 - 08:11 AM

The fit was not as good as I would of liked , the slip on fit the stock head pipe fine, but when I got the header it all seemed a little off , had to push & pull to make the bolt holes line up . I hope its not a problem long term, as the Ti heat cycles , maybe the heat will relieve some of the binding. We shall see. The slip on softened the low hit some & helped the over rev some . , I have not ridden yet with the header installed. I actually ordered them at different times. the header has the puck style mega bomb can. I have modded the mapping which helped the over rev about as much as the slip on did. I pulled out timing at the very top with some fuel . I seem to spend my time rideing instead of remapping as I have only tried a new map one time.
The tuner by its self may not let the motor rev out enough . my intent is to make a longer smooth pull , not more power & the weight savings is great.. Fyi I raced my 09 450 yamaha all year with the stock pipe = smooth long pull . The 2010 seems to be a burst motor say for supercross type tracks. I prefer tractable. jeff

Thanks for the update, please let us know the results with the puck style header.

• JDLowrance

Posted January 07, 2010 - 06:18 AM

Try adding some flywheel weight (somewhere between 6 - 10oz should do it). Worked wonders on my 03 YZ450F.

John

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.