09 yz450f rims???

6 replies to this topic
  • Jacob93

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:14 PM

Does the 09 yz450f come with excels on it??
thanks for the help gas to 1st answer!

• grayracer513

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Of course it does.

• myoung

Posted January 05, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Yes, but they're not the same Excels you buy from after market. Still good rims though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:11 AM

How are they differant from the after market? I have been told this before.

• myoung

Posted January 06, 2010 - 10:29 AM

A little softer alloy, 6000 series instead of 7000 series. I don't know for certain, but I don't think you can run the larger size spoke nipples like the spline drives in the factory edition rims. The after market ones have the larger holes.

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2010 - 10:40 AM

The nipples in both wheels on both my '06's are square drive nipples on their interior face. They also have the conventional flats on the outside as well.

Whether they are or are not the same as aftermarket Excels, they are much stronger than the DID's that came on our old 250F, and have been for quite a while.

• myoung

Posted January 06, 2010 - 10:51 AM

Whether they are or are not the same as aftermarket Excels, they are much stronger than the DID's that came on our old 250F, and have been for quite a while.

Agreed........:moon:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.