Woodrufkey broken in Desert

3 replies to this topic
  • SEB416

Posted May 05, 2003 - 10:03 AM

I'm just comming from a 3 days desert rally, 600 miles, and guess what..wodrufkey broken when elect. starting in the middle of a stream. 3 hours to take my bike out and 6 hours charged to my race account. Yamaha mec team that fixed it in a rush, told me that they are receiving hardened keys from Japan..anyone knows about it?

• Blue...ByeU

Posted May 05, 2003 - 10:28 AM

My friend rode his about 9 miles and his broke. Local dealer had one made at a Automotive Plant that supplies parts to all the big car makes. I heard they are on back order till July... I certainly hope not! Try a local machine shop they might be able to hook you up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted May 05, 2003 - 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear you had the woodruff key go at the worst possible time. Murphy is alive and well. :)

• sabooo

Posted May 09, 2003 - 04:29 PM

TBH I really cant see where a harder key is going to help. Unless its totally designed not to break, and in that case why even have it there?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.