yz 300 kit ???????

13 replies to this topic
  • jimbo uk

Posted January 04, 2010 - 11:58 AM

i am sure i sore some where on here that guys have made there yz in to 300s how do you go about it? and how have they went afterwords?

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2010 - 12:20 PM

No such thing exists that I'm aware of. You are probably thinking of expanding a YZ250F to 290-300cc, which has actually been done. Visit that forum.

• nephic

Posted January 04, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Get on the web and look for Athena...search engine...try it..oh ya, you might want to learn to use one on the forum as well, you'll save yourself and everyone else the time of answering this question again...and again...and again......

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2010 - 10:00 PM

If you find a link to a kit by Athena that turns a YZ450 into a 300, please post it, won't you.

And how 'bout not playing search police for a little while? I can only remember this topic being raised once before.

• NE14MX

Posted January 05, 2010 - 05:17 AM

I'm guessing he means the YZ250 two stroke. There's an Eric Gorr kit available now for $600 in enduro or MX tune. Also race gas or high test tune available. Check the Yamaha 2-stroke forum for more info.

• usp4u

Posted January 05, 2010 - 05:25 AM

Get on the web and look for Athena...search engine...try it..oh ya, you might want to learn to use one on the forum as well, you'll save yourself and everyone else the time of answering this question again...and again...and again......

calm down man, I've never seen that question asked in this forum. further, just two days ago there was thread on this forum about the possibility of a 350F being built by the OEM's. In that thread, one poster made a poorly worded comment about a 450F sleeved-down 300 kit that made it sound as if this particular kit/application was available. That is probably were the OP got that notion. Hell, I had to go back and read it twice before I realized what was going on and I'm not from the UK like the OP.

Edited to add: here's a link, read the second comment...............http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=542212

• nephic

Posted January 05, 2010 - 06:45 AM

Agreed, my bad. Grumpy work days shouldn't follow one to TT land. And I was referring to a 290 setup for a 250f, so I apologize for the poor communication. I didn't notice the poster specifically requesting a kit for a 450, so a assumed that he was just trying to get to that displacement any which way he could. ASSumed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 05, 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm guessing he means the YZ250 two stroke. There's an Eric Gorr kit available now for $600 in enduro or MX tune.

That may have been what he thought he saw.

Agreed, my bad. ... I didn't notice the poster specifically requesting a kit for a 450,

He didn't say, did he? That was his mistake. But this is the 450 forum, so it follows that the subject should have been a 450. Plus, he owns an '09 YZ450, which you could have found out if you had searched. :moon:

• nephic

Posted January 06, 2010 - 09:37 AM

:smirk:Ya, it was funny, I deserved it...

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2010 - 09:40 AM

:smirk:Ya, it was funny, I deserved it...

Beer's on me. :moon:

• jimbo uk

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:12 PM

hi guys sorry to have caused all of this drama haha. i should have ellaborated a little more i was sure i sore something about a 300 yzf but it only seemed apparent to me because the word is over here that philippearts was running a 400 and cairoli was riding a 350f all last season.It would be mega if something like this was possible for us riders who cant manage a 450 and find it to much but also worry about the maintenance of a 250f if your phyisically i big guy and would be giving the engine a lot of straine just with wait

• jimbo uk

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:14 PM

also i dont seem to have search tab on the forum anymore ive been looking for it and waiting to see if it would appear for some time now

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:23 PM

also i dont seem to have search tab on the forum anymore ive been looking for it and waiting to see if it would appear for some time now

Below the New Thread button on the right edge of the forum index page, there is a gray bar labeled Threads in Forum. At the left end of that bar is the Search This Forum link.

• davbrucas

Posted January 06, 2010 - 05:07 PM

I think that one would be better off getting a YZ250F and putting the 302 kit on it...that way you have the nimbleness of the 250F and a bit more power for the vet guys. I know I will be buying a 350F when they come out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.