450 bottom end blubber

2 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:29 AM

I rode a 450 for the first time Thursday and loved it. It felt so much more nimble than mine. Anyhow, when I came out of a corner and hammered it it would blubber for a second. I was playing with that on the way to the parking lot and if I put it in a higher gear and pin it it would blubber... sometimes for seconds? What the heck?
Hoss :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • msgbean

Posted May 05, 2003 - 04:40 AM

It just needs to be jetted. Mine did the same until I found the right combo.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:54 AM

All stock 450's have a stumble at the bottom that is the direct result of too much fuel being dumped in to the venturi by the accelerator pump. Under the plastic cover on the right side of the carb there is an adjuster that positions the cam that works the pump. A half turn clockwise will make your 450 a new bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.