Brake Caliper

9 replies to this topic
  • okietech

Posted January 04, 2010 - 04:35 AM

Rebuilding front caliper on a YZ400F and need caliper boots. Dealership says, not a serviced piece. Where can I find these boots?

• cwcarter

Posted January 04, 2010 - 11:57 AM

Lots of calipers going on ebay.

• BC3

Posted January 04, 2010 - 01:35 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]I can't believe their not a part number? Did you look at his parts breakdown? I would check another dealer...[/COLOR]

• cwcarter

Posted January 04, 2010 - 01:41 PM

No part # on any parts fiche I've seen. Must have to bye complete.

• okietech

Posted January 04, 2010 - 01:57 PM

Thats what the Yamaha store is telling me, that I have to buy the complete caliper......350.00...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2010 - 02:05 PM

The caliper seal kit (3JD-W0047-00-00) appears to include the piston seals and boots.

• RCannon

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:40 PM

If Yamaha cannot come up with anything, check Honda. Usually their rubber boots work just fine. Sometimes they are shaped differently, but do the same thing.

• okietech

Posted January 04, 2010 - 04:04 PM

That kit is 4 pieces no boots. I'm going to check another flavor and make something work. Thats just crazy. I know i'm not the first to need these.

• okietech

Posted January 06, 2010 - 05:22 PM

Honda has the boots about 12 bucks for both.. I went with the same year bike. Why would honda have them and not yamaha???? The boots look and fit the same. Problem solved..if they were all that easy i would be bored.

• RCannon

Posted January 06, 2010 - 08:32 PM

Honda has the boots about 12 bucks for both.. I went with the same year bike. Why would honda have them and not yamaha???? The boots look and fit the same. Problem solved..if they were all that easy i would be bored.

Yamaha sells a lot of parts as assemblies vs breaking down each and every little piece. I suppose its easier for them to deal with. It sure sucks when you need the little part.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.