Anybody use engine brite?

7 replies to this topic
  • FarleyMX25

Posted January 03, 2010 - 07:54 PM

I searched and found no help. I bought a can of engine brite gel to help breakdown the dirt, oil and grease on a resto 94 CR250. Has anybody used this stuff? and how does it work?

heres a pic of the mess

Posted Image

• swisscheese

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:01 PM

Stay away from that, just squirt it down with wd-40 prewash then simple green while washing it.

• mywifefarts

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:05 PM

It works alright but it seems kind of greasy itself. If I were to use it on my bike I would finish it off by washing it with some good dish soap.

• mywifefarts

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:07 PM

What swisscheese said is a better idea!

• brentn

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:50 PM

Gunk heavy duty degreaser in an aerosol can is the best way. It's pretty much like an oil, and eats away at the grease. Best part is that the can is huge, pressure is high and sometimes you can just shoot the grease off.

I usually just douse it in the stuff, stinks bigtime, and then wait about 20 minutes and wash with a garden hose. For that mess there it'll probably take about two washes in the stuff, if you scrub it off probably one.

• size does matter

Posted January 03, 2010 - 09:01 PM

Like swisscheese said don't use it if u get it on ur plastic ur done by new. Use wd40 let it sit then wash it off with hose then simple green and power wash off. Mine looked like that and got it clean

• topaz250

Posted January 03, 2010 - 09:48 PM

Gunk heavy duty degreaser in an aerosol can is the best way. It's pretty much like an oil, and eats away at the grease. Best part is that the can is huge, pressure is high and sometimes you can just shoot the grease off.

I usually just douse it in the stuff, stinks bigtime, and then wait about 20 minutes and wash with a garden hose. For that mess there it'll probably take about two washes in the stuff, if you scrub it off probably one.

+ on this, engine bright is the same thing, if you use warm/hot water rinsing, works even better, plastics are not affected by this "stuff". Simple green imho smells nice, thats about it.

• brentn

Posted January 03, 2010 - 10:48 PM

The smell is just horrible, if you leave any amount of it in your garage it'll stink up the place so bad that you'll be sick. I hate the smell, I wish I had seen some simple green cause I would have bought that instead.

REALLY good stuff though :moon:

Related Content

Reviews

KTM 250 EXC 4-Stroke 2011 by palmpilote

KTM 250 EXC 4-Stroke 2011
  • 1 review
  • Last review by palmpilote
  • On October 17, 2014
Wiki
Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com - last post by Fastheads (BK)

Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Everything for a beginner! by danieljames

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 500 EXC pics by PerazzMX

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  65 replies
Forums
Photo

Need new valves by rk_xr400

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450X
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.