2010 Stalling in corners

9 replies to this topic
  • GrogF16

Posted January 03, 2010 - 07:37 PM

My 2010 stalls coming out of a slow corner on occasion. Once it does, I can not get it to bump start exiting the corner and it will just compression break to a stop. 1). How do I fix this without finding a new map (I am currently running stock map)? 2). Is there something about an EFI that won't allow it to bump start?

• swisscheese

Posted January 03, 2010 - 07:41 PM

Adjust your riding style, its not the bike!

• RET_ARD

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:45 PM

The short answer is yes, there is something about EFI that won't make it easy to bump start like you mentioned.

If your stalling in corners adjust your riding style. You COULD adjust the idle speed up a bit but don't become that guy whose bike sounds like it's always running at 1/2 throttle even while sitting on the starting line.

• saccityfire

Posted January 03, 2010 - 09:52 PM

Stay on the gas and it won't stall!

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2010 - 12:33 AM

The short answer is yes, there is something about EFI that won't make it easy to bump start like you mentioned.

Somehow, I doubt that.

If the bike stalls coming out of slow corners, the most likely casue is that you are in too high a gear. One of the things that happens with the YZF auto decompression system is that if the engine comes to a stop against the compression stroke abruptly enough, the decompression pin will still be retracted when the engine stops, and in that case, it will be trapped in that position. Kicking or bumping from that point without first rolling the engine backwards to free the decomp pin is nearly impossible regardless of the fuel system used.

The '10 uses the same internal ratios as the '06+ models, but comes with higher secondary gearing (13/48 vs. the older 13/49). If the problem persists, try:

Going faster
Using low gear
Gear the bike lower.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ReedRulz

Posted January 04, 2010 - 06:18 PM

My 2010 stalls coming out of a slow corner on occasion. Once it does, I can not get it to bump start exiting the corner and it will just compression break to a stop. 1). How do I fix this without finding a new map (I am currently running stock map)? 2). Is there something about an EFI that won't allow it to bump start?

Pull in the clutch and give it a little gas before you let out the clutch.

• nephic

Posted January 04, 2010 - 08:08 PM

I vote for going faster...not only don't you stall, you actually go faster...

• STROKEDIESEL

Posted January 04, 2010 - 09:14 PM

bigger rear sprocket

• saccityfire

Posted January 05, 2010 - 08:56 AM

bigger rear sprocket

Yup, so the motor can go faster while the rider is going slower.

• Beanb1

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:37 PM

I switched back to the Yamaha this year. I had the same flame-out/stall problem with the 09 Honda in slow corners. I found pulling in the clutch and reving the engine worked best to keep it running. I haven't experience this problem with the new Yamaha. Seems to be a lot stronger down low than the 09 Honda. Reklus should solve this problem, it will let the engine rev at low rpm with less drag.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.