De-Tuned Big Red, wife likes it

5 replies to this topic
  • smashinz2002

Posted May 04, 2003 - 06:55 PM

Had to De-Tune my 650R so my wife could ride it easier. She kept insisting she could ride it, I let her, and she said it was absurdly touchy on the gas. De-Tuned it with a 170 main (600' alt.), clip 3rd pos., and using 34mm exhaust tip (modified stock), 40mm intake, air baffles removed.
I rode it, felt pretty girlified to me, but she loves it.
What is a guy to do ? ? My monster is now mellow! And that is not very macho.
The bike is too big for her, but she loves it. What to do?
My solution is that I am now looking for yet another 650R for myself. And I guess her XR250 is gonna have to go.. Anyone like those? I think they are just an anemic 400R.
L.L.

• FooBarr

Posted May 04, 2003 - 08:10 PM

Get an Edelbroch carb and turn down the pumper circuit for the frau, up for yourself. That might help with the touchiness. If you got the coin, get her an auto clutch and an electric starter for the BRP.

As for yourself, get a XR50 and a pair of riding pants that say "whipped" on the back. And get one of those leather collars with studs to go around your neck. Remember the movie Pulp Fiction? :)

• smashinz2002

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:59 PM

Hahahaha yeah.. I do remember Pulp Fiction..
And yeah hell I know, I'm whipped.. At she's into bikes though! I have thought very seriously about the Edelbrock carb, might just do that.
L.L.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted May 05, 2003 - 06:14 PM

Better yet, get a CRF450X when they come out later this year and have the best of both worlds. Then you can switch off bikes whenever you want :)

• FooBarr

Posted May 05, 2003 - 08:06 PM

A frau that can ride a BRP, I'm jelous! :) Think of the other possibilities.....hmmmmm.... :D She got a sister? :D

• lisa'sxr4

Posted May 06, 2003 - 04:26 AM

I dig my hubby's 650 in the wide open desert & sand washes! But know I couldn't handle it on anything technical.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.