Are the axle blocks on the 2010 the same as 2009

29 replies to this topic
  • Mike546

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:11 PM

I had the right side Hammerhead axle block milled down so it will now fit the 2010. I didn't want to give up the numbers so it was worth a few extra dollars to have it done.

Posted Image

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 05, 2010 - 08:03 PM

no they are not the same

• mediumfast

Posted January 05, 2010 - 08:10 PM

Did you take it to a machine shop or do it yourself? Once I get the bike I will probably have a machine shop work on it. It has to be done right because you can't put material back on...

• Mike546

Posted January 06, 2010 - 02:59 AM

There is a machine shop just down the street from me, I had them do it. It's the exact same thickness now and the kid didn't even scratch the anodizing. I was going to do it myself with a vise and a grinder but changed my mind.

• dvn

Posted January 06, 2010 - 04:40 AM

There is a machine shop just down the street from me,

Noel's, right Mike? Did you notice the new bike shop next door? My stepson is half owner of that shop. He said they will give anyone 20% off on stuff. His partner, Jerry, is usually there. Stop in and tell him I sent you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX4Life

Posted January 06, 2010 - 11:51 AM

no they are not the same

My 09 blocks fit my 2010.

• Mike546

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:36 PM

Noel's, right Mike? Did you notice the new bike shop next door? My stepson is half owner of that shop. He said they will give anyone 20% off on stuff. His partner, Jerry, is usually there. Stop in and tell him I sent you.

Ya I stopped in there last Saturday and got some tear-offs. Jerry lives around the corner from me. I'll have to stop and meet your stepson.

• mediumfast

Posted January 08, 2010 - 10:15 PM

The shifter fits fine.

Posted Image

do you think the +20 shifter would fit? i don't want any contact between the shifter and the case....your +15 looks like it might be about as big as you can go w/o interference.

• Mike546

Posted January 09, 2010 - 07:31 AM

do you think the +20 shifter would fit? i don't want any contact between the shifter and the case....your +15 looks like it might be about as big as you can go w/o interference.

I think there is plenty of room for the +20 shifter. On a side note, I always used a +20 in the past with my size 13's but the guy at Hammerhead talked me into a +15 this time with the rubber tip. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Posted Image

• mediumfast

Posted January 09, 2010 - 11:24 AM

I think there is plenty of room for the +20 shifter. On a side note, I always used a +20 in the past with my size 13's but the guy at Hammerhead talked me into a +15 this time with the rubber tip. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Posted Image

Perfect picture. That's the angle I needed to see. Thanks. I wear a size 14 boot so I think I'll try the +20.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.