FcR carb ~ no fuel spray out from the nozzle

3 replies to this topic
  • Wrbiker

Posted January 03, 2010 - 03:46 AM

hi guys.. i encounter this issue with the carb. i try to rotate the trottle shaft manually from the carb to see fuel spraying out from the carb nozzle but it wont.

any idea what is happening.. i hv check the diaphragm and the spring. it seem to be ok

• William1

Posted January 03, 2010 - 03:54 AM

Clogged nozzle. Us a small diameter piece of nylon guitar string to poke it clear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WholeShotKing

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:54 AM

While you have the float bowl off,

1. Did the squirt jet fall out? If it did, all the acc pump fuel would dump back into the carb.

2. Locate the screen mesh in the bottom of the float bowl where the fuel enters the ACC Pump diaphragm. If you put gas in the bowl, does it run out the bottom where the rubber ACC pump diaphragm goes? (Be sure it is not going through the squirt jet or you'll have a false reading. If not clean the mesh.

3. If it does, with the ACC pump off, spray WD40 (using the red pipe) into the various holes in the float bowl that feed from/to the ACC Pump. If blocked, clean.

4. Turn the carb body upside down, locate the hole that mates up with the hole in the Float bowl that feeds gas to the Spray Nozzle in the carb body when the ACC pump activates. Spray WD40 into the hole. It should come out into the carb mouth. If blocked, clean as directed below.

• pwrpapa

Posted January 03, 2010 - 06:08 PM

clogged passages or cracked diaphragm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.