ASV clutch perch and lever on the 2010

14 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted January 02, 2010 - 03:46 AM

Did anyone have a problem mounting the ASV clutch perch and lever on there 2010? There is not enough slack in the cable which makes the lever tight! I did adjust the cable and perch so that it is as loose as you can????

• fireball722

Posted January 02, 2010 - 06:34 AM

I know that is on the limits, but mine with the cable ajust all the way out I was able make it fit . but the problem is when clutch will begin use will there be enough to continue running it . use a pry barre to help you having enough slack to enter the cable in your perch .

• Thumper38

Posted January 02, 2010 - 06:45 AM

I got it in but there is absolutely no slack!

• katoom08

Posted January 03, 2010 - 01:53 PM

I ordered the ASV levers however, they have not showed up yet. Is the fit enough of a problem that I should return them and try the Sunlines?

• Thumper38

Posted January 04, 2010 - 07:20 AM

I ordered the ASV levers however, they have not showed up yet. Is the fit enough of a problem that I should return them and try the Sunlines?

Not sure! I am contacting ASV today to see what they have to say! At this point it is not rideable. The lever is pretty tight I think with a little machining I can get it to work but I want to see what ASV says first. There new perch and lever with a hot start has three bearings and a cool adjuster, so I took off the hot start and put on a rotator clamp! Its real sweet! now if I only can get some slack??????

• sherco67

Posted January 04, 2010 - 02:55 PM

Talked with ASV about this and they have barrel extensions for more slack and they are FREE, just contact them and they will ship em to ya, good luck and here's their number, 714-861-1400

• Thumper38

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:08 PM

Talked with ASV about this and they have barrel extensions for more slack and they are FREE, just contact them and they will ship em to ya, good luck and here's their number, 714-861-1400

When is and how does a barrel extension work? Not sure what you mean?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sherco67

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:11 PM

not sure myself, i got one on the way, just told them not enough slack in cable and they brought up the barrel extensions for that reason to repair problem, may want to call and get better details

• Thumper38

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:12 PM

ok I am on the phone with them now!

• Thumper38

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:30 PM

not sure myself, i got one on the way, just told them not enough slack in cable and they brought up the barrel extensions for that reason to repair problem, may want to call and get better details

I just spoke with them and they said the barrel extension is for too much slack! I am not sure what is going on! they also said that I may need to cut the cable jacket and shorten it. I will have to look at it tonight!

• fireball722

Posted January 04, 2010 - 03:46 PM

keep us up to date with your findings thanks

• katoom08

Posted January 04, 2010 - 04:07 PM

I just talked to ASV. They suggested I purchase the 2009 clutch cable because it is visibly longer. Any thoughts?

Katoom

• Thumper38

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:17 AM

Ok heres the deal, the 09 cable is different so it will not work on the 2010! What I had to do is cut 1/2" off of the cable jacket off on the bike side of the adjuster (the side towards the throttle at the adjuster) and it works perfect! Now we really should not have to do this but I really like the new ASV setup so i went ahead and did it anyways. (The new setup is thicker than the old setup I have both) You have to be very carful not to nick the cable itself, I did it with a dremal tool and took my time. You must remove the adjuster and the crimp on the inside of the adjuster but its not to hard just take your time!

• katoom08

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:31 PM

Once the cable jacket is shortened, can the crimp and the adjuster be reinstalled?

Katoom

• Thumper38

Posted January 05, 2010 - 03:38 PM

yes it can! you have to be careful but it turned out really well, you can not even notice that I cut it!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.