looking to buy a WR450, does this sound like a good deal?

4 replies to this topic
  • HunterGSXR

Posted January 01, 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'm looking at possibly buying a used WR450 and found this ad on Craigslist. Anything I should look out for if I go look at it?

UP FOR GRABS. WR 450 F. 06

ALL THE BELLS ON . FRAME GUARDS RAD GUARDS.

FULL PIPE SS ALL THE AIR BOX MODS DONE.

FULL JET KIT. SCOTTS. GOLD CHAIN.
PADDED SEAT . ITS DONE ABOUT 1200 MILES.

NEVER IN THE DUNES ALWAYS ON TRAIL NRVER RACED

ITS SET UP AND READY TO GO. FULL SERVICE 3 HOURS AGO.

NEW FORK SEALS 3 HOURS AGO. VALVES DONE 3 HOURS AGO

3.7 GAL DESERT TANK

PINK IN HAND

GREEN STICKER TILL 2011 LOTS MORE TO LIST

$3900 OBO

• YamaLink

Posted January 02, 2010 - 08:34 AM

Always comes down to local market value and the actual condition of the bike. Lots of goodies!

Are there any other local Craiglist ads for similar bikes? What are those prices?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted January 02, 2010 - 07:00 PM

I paid 3800 for my 06, but it was street legal w/ low hours. Very good condition.

I would think that would be a good deal if it isn't ragged out.

• HunterGSXR

Posted January 02, 2010 - 08:14 PM

Thanks. Do you think 1100 miles is a lot for this type of bike or is that pretty normal usage for 3 seasons? Would changing the fork seals already be normal too?

• Bandit9

Posted January 02, 2010 - 08:20 PM

I would say that 1100 miles for 3 years is on the low hours side. Fork seals is normal to change. I probably change them 1 to 2 times a year depending on how much I ride and how well I clean the trash out of the seal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.