another 450 shootout...

11 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted January 01, 2010 - 04:11 PM

http://www.motorcycl...s-Shootout.aspx

• Mike546

Posted January 01, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Looks like the KTM and the YZ are the way to go.

• SparksXR426

Posted January 01, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Finally a win for believers of the great pumpkin. Rather liked the comment about the YZ being a "tank" while at a standstill. I guess that detracts from the times your sitting in your garage making "vroom vroom" sounds.:moon:

• Mike546

Posted January 02, 2010 - 05:59 AM

I had a KTM 300XC a few years back that I set up for MX and it was a great bike. I can see why the 2010 won the shootout. I'm still looking forward to riding my second place bike.

• Thumper38

Posted January 02, 2010 - 06:46 AM

Yea I just want to ride!

• grayracer513

Posted January 02, 2010 - 03:17 PM

:moon::snore::cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ReedRulz

Posted January 02, 2010 - 03:26 PM

:moon::snore::cheers:

You know you like reading the shoot outs gray. If you didnt like reading about what other peoples opinions are on dirt bikes you probably wouldnt spend that much time on a dirt bike forum.

• grayracer513

Posted January 02, 2010 - 03:56 PM

You know you like reading the shoot outs gray. If you didnt like reading about what other peoples opinions are on dirt bikes you probably wouldnt spend that much time on a dirt bike forum.

Your opinion means more to me than what I see in the mags, most cases.

• FiremanKay

Posted January 02, 2010 - 05:20 PM

I think the biggest problem with Mags is that they seem to test the bike rate it and thats that. On the forums you get to hear what the A guys say about the feel of the bike or what they needed to do. You get to hear what bigger guys had to do. You dont get that "its heavy but doesn't feel heavy, but is heavy" bs. You could really master any bike so I dont get the whole 1st-4th thing. I like stats but thats about it.

• FinchFan194

Posted January 02, 2010 - 05:57 PM

I tend to agree I like to see the statistics but the bottom line is all these bikes are soo good these days. Some need different things setup on them when you take them home. Just pick your favorite color and go ride!

• Troutman

Posted January 02, 2010 - 09:41 PM

I think Yamaha did an incredible thing this year. They took some HUGE chances with this years bike. Most companies would take many years to introduce all of the changes on this years 450 little by little and they did it all in one year very successfully. For this first year bike to be in the top 2 in all of the shootouts so far says allot about Yamaha's engineers, designers, and manufacturing ability. :moon: Also tons credit to KTM with no FI, no linkage, and with a steel frame to be at the top in these shootouts is very impressive.

• davbrucas

Posted January 03, 2010 - 04:24 PM

These are just opinions of other riders...that may not necessarily agree with yours...from a magazine. And magazines are subject to say whatever the highest payer instructs them to say.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.