best goggles for a big head????

25 replies to this topic
  • sdjclevland

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

I been in the market for new goggles and am having a hard time finding ones that i really like the fit of. Right now i wear cheap smiths and they fit nice but are cheap. I tried on scome scotts and i like how they fit also for the most part.

I tried spy and fox and they seem to be too small for my head . they seem small on the face like they squeeze my temples or seem short on my temples. i basiclly need a wider goggle.

I just wanna know if some one can tell me a good goggle to buy that may fit me better. Im kinda limited to what i can try on at the dealers and may have to order one online. I want anti fog and scratch and tearoff. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MrBlahh

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

look for any designed for glasses

I wear spy because the nose bridge is a lot larger, does not pinch my nose when i ride

• CamP

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Most of the guys I know with wide faces like the 89 series Scott's.

• sdjclevland

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

yeah i think thats what i tried on today was the 89 series. thanks.

• CamP

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

You should be happy with them. It's also nice being able to walk into just about any shop and buy lenses and tear-offs, which usually isn't the case with other brands.

Edited by CamP, 01 January 2010 - 07:44 PM.

• mirandy

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

I am a big head myself and like the oakley crowbar found them closeout at rm.

• GENE426

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

I am a big head myself and like the oakley crowbar found them closeout at rm.

I like them too BUT thet are smaller from top to bottom in the viewing area which too me a while to get acustomed too...

• Sierra_rider

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

I like any of the Scott's. My latest pair of goggles are Thor, they're so small, it feels like the foam going in to my eyes.

• Darrell41653

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

I got a big head too. I like the Scott 89 xi. They fit my big head fine.

• CountryboyMX720

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

I have big head, and my fox main pro's fit great. I got a pair of spys, but they feel too small. Plus you can get the tear offs for the fox's from cheaptearoffs.com, which is a great convenience for me.

• mowtown

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Same prob here...Smiths Warp work good for me.

• sdjclevland

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

i tried teh main pro fox and they seemed ok also. I dont think i can ever wear spy they are so tiny on my face.

I think the scott 89xi is what im gonna get but i wanna try on the smiths with the works flim on it or whatever its called. I see them on closeout for a good price. too bad i cant find the 89xi on closeout anywhere

• One2nine

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

Personally I like the Hi volt III's from scott or their voltage X's (pretty much the same, just different foam). I did buy a pair of Xi's and don't like them at all. If you want them I'll sell them to yah lol. Wore them once and put them back in the bag. I just don't like how the foam feels. It's too big and doesn't seem to fit my helmet too well.

• sdjclevland

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

ok i pm you

• Wikki

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

Fox - Main Goggles (Just the Main not the Mainpro etc.). Big head Heaven. :moon:

• Troutman

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

Spy magnetos fit my huge melon best, they are huge. I wish they fit in my ARAI but they don't :moon:

• sdjclevland

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

I tried those on and they seemed to small

I have same problem finding gloves that fit my had nice. Either the thumb is to short or thunb is ok and fingertips are too short lol. I spent a while trying glove on to find some and finally am going with the thor phase.

• watermoccasin

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Personally I like the Hi volt III's from scott or their voltage X's (pretty much the same, just different foam). I did buy a pair of Xi's and don't like them at all. If you want them I'll sell them to yah lol. Wore them once and put them back in the bag. I just don't like how the foam feels. It's too big and doesn't seem to fit my helmet too well.

Same here. The Voltage series fits wider and not as tall. Allows MUCH more airflow through the top of the goggles and much less fogging than the 89/NoSweat series.

• rezrider

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

Spy magnetos fit my huge melon best, they are huge. I wish they fit in my ARAI but they don't :cheers:

Help me understand why a big head warrants a bigger goggle...do you guys mean a big face/forehead area, big eye sockets? To me a big head requires a big helmet which I have (7-3/4...an XL is a bit snug)...any goggle should fit over a big helmet of which I use Oakleys which work/fit great...now the lense/frame area of the goggle is a different story which is what it sounds like you're all talking about...

Just my old mind trying to make sense of what you guys are talking about...:moon:

• sdjclevland

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Yeah you got it right. The face area is what I have the problam with. smaller goggles feel like they arr tiny on my face and are not wide enough. I prefer a bigger lens area.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Excessive engine braking? by Scralatchtica824

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

Use Hand Guards or Not? (Saving Lever Type) by mglmstr

• 16 replies
Forums
Photo

Stalling at highway speed by 44magdave

• Hot  51 replies
Forums
Photo

What did you do to your crf250l today? by shiftline

• Hot  26 replies
Forums
Photo

1982 XR500 Kick start SPINDLE by SassyBike

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Vintage
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.