Is the WR a capable Jumper???

12 replies to this topic
  • DKyle

Posted May 04, 2003 - 09:42 AM

How does the WR450 do on jumps. I won't be jumping real high but I was wondering if it was too heavy?

• mmbasa

Posted May 04, 2003 - 09:50 AM

You might want to play around with the clickers a bit, otherwise you will be bottoming out on some of the bigger stuff. all depends on you weight.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 04, 2003 - 11:44 AM

It is just fine for small jumps under 10 feet of vertical air under your wheels. After that you bottom badly with woods dampening settings. :)

• Bamster

Posted May 04, 2003 - 01:21 PM

Unless your one of those video air jockeys,it's a very capable jumper. :)

• r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:20 PM

35 ft. double @ Deseret Peak Motorsports Complex Supercross Track

Posted Image

• r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:21 PM

50 ft. single to tabletop @ Deseret Peak Motorsports Complex Supercross Track

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:22 PM

Supercross Track @ Deseret Peak Motorsports Complex, Utah Posted Image

• r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:23 PM

The WR426 is a GREAT jumper!! Posted Image :) :D :D

• r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:26 PM

40 ft. Double Jump I Made With My Own Two Hands (and a shovel of course) She can handle HUGE airs. Visit for some video of us at a motocross track here in Utah. There is a 100 ft uphill jump that I fly with my WR426 WFO in fourth gear. :)

Posted Image

• JamesD

Posted May 05, 2003 - 07:07 PM

The WR's have great suspension. Just take the time to dial it in for your weight/riding style.

Nice pics! Haven't seen those mountains since I moved to Colorado... but at least I still have mountains to look at!

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 06, 2003 - 12:52 AM

Fantastic picks R1Superstar! The background mountains look great and so does your hang time! :)

• Superbike

Posted May 06, 2003 - 11:28 AM

It will jump anything you can jump on a YZ 450. You just need to set up the suspension for what you are doing. Just be smoother with a woods set up. You will rail corners better with the woods set up anyway! ---Mike

Posted May 06, 2003 - 01:18 PM

What a nice track. Those jumps are so smooth and wide.

I think I just found out where I am going for vacation!

We only have 4 tracks to speak of up here in Alaska, most are whooped out, terribly rutted and are hundreds of miles away from each other.

Is that place open year round?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.