hot start/ decompression lever compatibility???`

3 replies to this topic
  • jagarcia89

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:59 PM

I've got a 1998 yz400f that needs a new clutch lever as the clamp broke, as well as a new decompression cable. My question is: is there actually any difference between each companies 4 stroke lever with hot start switches? Or the cables? they all seem to be the same. Am I wrong?

• grayracer513

Posted December 30, 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hot start levers in general can probably be made to work with the compression release, but they are a bit smallish for the task, and you may find the operating effort higher than you like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jagarcia89

Posted December 31, 2009 - 07:56 AM

ok, any idea on whether different brands are interchangable, and any idea on the cables them selves?

• grayracer513

Posted December 31, 2009 - 08:23 AM

The Yamaha cable, or a model specific replacement cable, will be the only one that works.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.