Headgasket thickness?

2 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted October 09, 2000 - 02:00 PM

i want to know if there are various thickness headgaskets like you can get with some Honda's?

can someone find this out please? i will ask my "lewkl" dealer but expect it to be all too much effort for him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numpsy

Posted October 10, 2000 - 03:49 AM

With a risk of making a fool of myself I belive there is diffrent gaskets to get.
Yamaha often use a gasket that is made out of a couple of layers and I think You can get diffrent amount of layers.
Ask your local guy to check out Yamaha kit options......

Hope You will find what You are looking for.

• Rich_Rohrich

Posted October 10, 2000 - 07:44 AM

Cometic was making head and base gaskets of varying thickness, but last time I checked the base gaskets were the only ones available. Compressed thickness of the standard Cometic is .035" to allow zero deck setups.

Rich Rohrich

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.