Finally Started my 09 YZ450F

5 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted December 30, 2009 - 05:47 PM

Well After 1 month I just got my baseline jetting set and because I didn't have my Dr.D Pipe I do believe it was a little harder to start, but put on my stock pipe and let her rip. Now I don't have the front end on , due to springs being replaced, but had to fire it up. Now it hasn't been started since the factory. It took me about 20 kicks. Finally it hummed. I got the powerbowl hooked up, based on my previous settings, I went with a 165 Main, 52 Pilot, standard needle and clip, 2.25 turns on the leak jet and 1.25 on the fuel screw. Didn't want to blip the throttle too much but think once the pipe is installed it will be right. My dealer told me that UPS wasn't running tomorrow, so I called them and they were delivering only air. I would of figured if the pipe wasn't right, my dealer would have placed a call the distributor to have them send out a new pipe overnight. My dealer didn't even want to mess with it. I was dissapointed, especially as many bikes I'VE BOUGHT. Oh well. It will be next Wednesday before I get it all together. Peace.

• smithjeb

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:09 PM

You have had a new bike for a month and are still fiddling around with it ??? Jeez - I took mine from the dealer to the track (well stopped at the gas station). Plenty of time to screw with settings - after riding it.

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:58 PM

You have had a new bike for a month and are still fiddling around with it ??? Jeez - I took mine from the dealer to the track (well stopped at the gas station). Plenty of time to screw with settings - after riding it.

Well I took it apart to grease it. I mean everything. I replaced the head bearing with the new style bearing with the seal, put on a pipe, did some carb mods, put on some GYTR components like front and rear sprockets, new chain Renthal r-1 works chain, Uni FIlter, breaking it in, will change the oil and install oil plug/magnetic, and will put on bars (Tag), tires, and grips.(Tag), Creative Racings Shark Fin, Blue shrouds and blue front fender, white rear end. Had to make sure the bike is right and torqued to spec before I launch it 110 feet.:moon::thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rk8950

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:04 PM

I just got a 09 also and installed the full titanium dubach exhaust. I finished my jetting at 165 main, 48 pilot and fattened the needle 1 clip. Fuel screw is 2 turns out and jetting is absolutly perfect for KY this time of year. I rode today and it was 38 I think, I have ridden it also in the high 20's still perfect.

• The Village Idiot

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:12 PM

I've had mine a year now and had a WR Tranny fitted yesterday........wow......these machines are amazing. I'm sure you're gonna love it :-)

• smithjeb

Posted January 01, 2010 - 01:04 PM

Well I took it apart to grease it. I mean everything. I replaced the head bearing with the new style bearing with the seal, put on a pipe, did some carb mods, put on some GYTR components like front and rear sprockets, new chain Renthal r-1 works chain, Uni FIlter, breaking it in, will change the oil and install oil plug/magnetic, and will put on bars (Tag), tires, and grips.(Tag), Creative Racings Shark Fin, Blue shrouds and blue front fender, white rear end. Had to make sure the bike is right and torqued to spec before I launch it 110 feet.:moon::thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

Saw pics in the other thread - looks great.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.