07 handle bar clamps

4 replies to this topic
  • Race Face

Posted December 30, 2009 - 04:55 PM

I need to replace my bent handle bar clamps on my 07 wr450. I bought some Pro Taper clamps but the bolt diameter was to big. Does anyone have advice or suggestions other than buying the OE?

Edited by Race Face, December 30, 2009 - 06:26 PM.

• JDLowrance

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:39 PM

If you want to use the Pro Taper mounts, just drill out the holes on the stock top clamp to facilitate the larger bolts. This is provided that the bolts aren't too much larger.

What size are we talking here?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Race Face

Posted December 31, 2009 - 10:12 PM

Ya, I thought about that, just didn't know if that would be the right thing to do. But it would have saved me some money. I was told there isn't any aftermarket clamps for this bike. ??? So i just ordered the OE clamps. Thanks for the reply.

• ArcticWR400

Posted January 02, 2010 - 01:46 PM

Ya, I thought about that, just didn't know if that would be the right thing to do. But it would have saved me some money. I was told there isn't any aftermarket clamps for this bike. ??? So i just ordered the OE clamps. Thanks for the reply.

other option would have been to go to a hardware store (like a real hardware/fastener specialty store) and buy bolts of the correct length, diameter, threading, etc... Acklands Grainger has never let me down. :moon:

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 03, 2010 - 10:32 AM

or asked around... I would have mailed you my OEM clamps cheap:ride:

What did they cost and did you have to buy both or just one?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.