Oil drainig bolt YZF 450 2010

6 replies to this topic
  • poliisi2

Posted December 30, 2009 - 01:06 AM

Okay i can honestly say this i hate more than anything on new yamaha
oil draining bolt under the bike. Taking it out and put it back its nightmare job!
Do anybody have nice idea for this? And Torgue wrench where i can find tool that fit in that small hole? Im been chekking MAGtools,Snapon,Beta cant find small enough? Great bike but this issue is been desing early in monday morning after weekend hangover.

• freerider_australia

Posted December 30, 2009 - 02:15 AM

your right it a pain in the ass i ly on my back and get my hand in a comftable position and look at it whilst putting in
may more beer may help as well

• NortonMoto

Posted December 30, 2009 - 02:25 AM

You have a new 2010 yz450 and your complaining about drain bolt!

Okay i can honestly say this i hate more than anything on new yamaha
oil draining bolt under the bike. Taking it out and put it back its nightmare job!
Do anybody have nice idea for this? And Torgue wrench where i can find tool that fit in that small hole? Im been chekking MAGtools,Snapon,Beta cant find small enough? Great bike but this issue is been desing early in monday morning after weekend hangover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dr.Crankenstien

Posted December 30, 2009 - 06:55 AM

You have a new 2010 yz450 and your complaining about drain bolt!

Have you changed the oil in the 2010 YZ450 yet? It is a P.I.A You gotta have baby fingers and be a Contortionist and the lightspeed glide plate has no hole for the drain so we ended up cutting one in it.But where they located that drain hole is Ridiculous :moon:

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'd pull the plate....I did on my 06 just cause I didn't want it on there...

TOO MUCH WEIGHT :moon:

• BC3

Posted December 30, 2009 - 11:41 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]Pictures?[/COLOR]

• nickeenoo

Posted December 30, 2009 - 11:48 AM

I'd pull the plate....I did on my 06 just cause I didn't want it on there...

TOO MUCH WEIGHT :moon:

Let me know how that goes when you have a rock go through your case. And as far as the weight, it's so low I'll be you couldn't tell the difference if you were blind-folded. And before you go on about "never" riding off road or something like that, if you ever case a jump you're in danger of damaging the engine.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.