Plated 2003 WR450....value?

24 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 29, 2009 - 10:01 PM

With a REAL plate (change of status to MC on the pink, & LEO signed 343 form), and fully 'tuned' motor, suspension, & ergos.

It has no signs of abuse or high mileage.

Think it's worth more than $ 4k?

• Lcpl0331

Posted December 30, 2009 - 03:42 AM

No. I bought one last winter for $4000 in exceptional condition but it had ALL the goodies on it. I figure there was at least $1500 in aftermarket accessories. I would not have paid the $4k without all the after market stuff on it.

• WholeShotKing

Posted December 30, 2009 - 06:54 AM

look on Kelley Blue Book and then add onto the price from there. $4K is a lot for a 2003 especially when you consider the changes the WR's have had since 2007 when they went with aluminum frames.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:30 AM

You guys aren't in CA, so it's not relevant. In CA, a plate is worth upwards of
$ 1000.00 by itself.

• mrlopez

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:50 AM

I got a friend who bought also a 03 wr450 for $2200, from a guy who need it money bad and plated here in california

• William1

Posted December 30, 2009 - 09:55 AM

A plated bike is only worth more if the buyer can keep a plate on it. I would not buy a 2004+ (I think 2004 is the magic year) Cali bike that was plated (paying a premium for the plate) unless I had a guarantee that if the plate was pulled, I'd get the premium back.

• ASternad

Posted December 30, 2009 - 10:18 AM

Quick Search of Craigs List (Plated WR's)=

05 WR450F plated - $4800 (MURRIETA)
WR 400 STREET LEGEL - $3300
1999 WR 426 Dual Sport - $2850
2001 Yamaha WR426f with CA plate - $3300

For what it's worth

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 03, 2010 - 07:57 PM

A plated bike is only worth more if the buyer can keep a plate on it. I would not buy a 2004+ (I think 2004 is the magic year) Cali bike that was plated (paying a premium for the plate) unless I had a guarantee that if the plate was pulled, I'd get the premium back.

As long as the pink has the right designation listed, the plate will stick. This is how you KNOW the plate is permanent.
The designations in Italics are not considered 'on-road' from the factory. This does not mean that the 'EN enduro' designation, or any other is always a 'bad' plate, because many, many dealers fill out the forms incorrectly on 'good' bikes. In other words, MC and R/S are the only guaranteed designations, but that does not mean a non MC plate will automatically get pulled (like if it's listed as such on a factory street legal KTM, that is a mistake by the dealer).

BR Agricultural water well boring rig
AT All terrain
AM Ambulance
AP Amphibian
AR Armored Car/Truck
AC Auto Carrier
BA Bale Wagon
BU Bus
CB Cab/Chassis (No Body per Statement of Facts)
CMP Camping Trailer (16" x 96")
CE Carnival Equipment
CARRIER Carrier
CCHB Coach Boat
CM Concrete/Transit Mix
CC Conventional Cab
CV Convertible
CP Coupe
2D Coupe 2 DR
CR Crane, Hoist, Lift, Ladder, Boom, etc.
T Dirt Bike
DLY Dolly
DRILL Drilling, Boring, etc.
DR Dromedary
DP Dump
DB Dune, Sand Buggy
EN Enduro
FT Fire Truck or Trailer
FB Flatbed/Platform
FO Forklift Truck
GG Garbage
GC Golf Cart
GN Grain Truck
HT Hard Top
HB Hatchback
HR Hearse
HO Hopper
CCHBT Houseboat/Housetrailer (Combination)
LM Limousine
LG Logger
MK Mini Bike
MIXER Mixer
MM Modular Mobile
MP Moped
MX Motocross
MH Motor Home/Motorized Home
MC Motorcycle
MH Motorized Home
MS Motor Scooter
MU Multiple Bodies (Must show up to 3 bodies)
NB Notchback
PN Panel
CCHPT* Park Trailer
CCHPTBT Park Trailer Boat
PK Pickup
PM Pickup w/Camper Mounted
SB Privately Owned School Bus
RC Racer
RA Rack
RE Refrigerated Vehicle
RD Roadster
RS Road/Street
2D Sedan 2 DR
4D Sedan 4 DR
5D Sedan 5 DR
SM Snowmobile
ST Stake
SW Station Wagon
TM Tandem
TN Tank
TX Taxi
TB Tilt Cab
TL Tilt Tandem
WK Tow Truck/Wrecker
DS Tractor (Diesel)
TR Tractor (Gas)
TB Trail Bike
CCH Trailer Coach
CCHMP Trailer Coach - Oversize
UT Utility (All vehicles of the "Jeep" type, such as Willys, Bronco, Blazer, Scout Land Rover, etc.)
VN Van
VC Van Camper
VA All Other Body Descriptions

• Dube2

Posted January 05, 2010 - 07:25 AM

Quick Search of Craigs List (Plated WR's)=

05 WR450F - $4800
WR 400 STREET LEGEL - $3300
1999 WR 426 Dual Sport - $2850
2001 Yamaha WR426f with CA plate - $3300

For what it's worth

It's a very clean bike and only trail riding with some desert. No racing what-so-ever! latley i just been using it to go to Home Depot. It's plated reg til August 2010.

Edited by Dube2, January 08, 2010 - 11:49 AM.
Some things are better left un-said...

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 05, 2010 - 10:20 AM

That one in Murrieta is Mine.....$4,800

OVER PRICES especially for something that has been done illegally and by law should not transfer to the next owner :moon: (doesnt mean it wont though)

IMHO this thread (along with any other plated thread) should be deleted. Why the hell are we talking about this stuff in PUBLIC :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dube2

Posted January 06, 2010 - 08:19 AM

[quote name='123BigcoopDawg576']OVER PRICES especially for something that has been done illegally

your 08 was legally plated?

• KennyMc

Posted January 06, 2010 - 08:51 AM

[quote name='Dube2'][quote name='123BigcoopDawg576']OVER PRICES especially for something that has been done illegally

your 08 was legally plated?[/QUOTE]

Oh, now that was just mean:smirk::moon:

• Dube2

Posted January 06, 2010 - 08:57 AM

no doubt..... hey, i took a personal hit like a man. if i had any feelings, i wouldn't be on this awesome site.:moon:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 06, 2010 - 10:09 AM

your 08 was legally plated?

Who said my 08 was plated and in CA :moon:

• BajaFool

Posted January 06, 2010 - 11:17 AM

123BigcoopDawg576,
My understanding is that your motor vehicles must be registered in the state in which you reside (i.e., registered to vote and pay taxes). Any way you cut this, the vehicle registration on your plated offroad motorcycle is illegal.:moon:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 06, 2010 - 11:48 AM

My understanding is that your motor vehicles must be registered in the state in which you reside

You didnt answer my first question...who said my bike was plated?

• Dube2

Posted January 06, 2010 - 12:45 PM

Post a pic of your "Non-Cal plate" with only the state showing. Every thread you posted pics on have the state and numbers obscured. Most guys just obscure the numbers so can't be traced.

I think some states have a ten day grace period for non-residents. you must show you are temproarily working in the state or have emergency medical reasons, etc.... to be in the state more than the ten day grace period. I worked in AZ for several months at a time and was puled over once a week. after i gave a jobsite address and explanation i was always let go. My neighbor has out of state plates on his truck, but he has a license for that state. He gets hassled by the local PD all the time. Do you get hassled for your out of state WR?. Damn Police, don't they have better things to do other than hassle us tax payers.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 06, 2010 - 01:05 PM

Post a pic of your "Non-Cal plate" with only the state showing. Every thread you posted pics on have the state and numbers obscured. Most guys just obscure the numbers so can't be traced.

Why don't you answer my question? Who said or where did you see that my bike was plated and in CA?

I can assure you that you "think" my bike is plated but other then that all you have is an assumption based on an obscured photo. For all you know, I just added a plate holder to make it look plated.

• Dube2

Posted January 06, 2010 - 01:24 PM

HA HA HA HA, OK Coop, I know, thats your story and you're sticking to it. I commend you for your will to not colapse under pressure.:moon: Seems like this has been asked of you before on other threads and you gave the same statement. I totaly hear you on keeping this shite out of the threads, but i do pratice what I preach. :smirk:

See you in Silverwood / Big Bear :cheers:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 06, 2010 - 01:29 PM

See you in Silverwood / Big Bear :smirk:

:cheers: :smirk: You sure will :moon: :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.