Changing from 19" to 18"

5 replies to this topic
  • twosixtwo

Posted December 28, 2009 - 10:36 AM

I am going to change from a 19" rear rim to an 18" will the spokes from a 09 WR450 fit? Did a search and no luck.

• JDLowrance

Posted December 30, 2009 - 07:53 PM

If you are changing a YZ-F wheel from a 19" to an 18" there should not be a problem. Both are 36 spoke wheels and the hubs are the same for most years.

John

• stev0

Posted December 30, 2009 - 08:45 PM

spare yourself the respoking trouble, get yourself another wheel :moon:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted December 31, 2009 - 12:18 PM

That is a more expensive route but its nice to have two. you can keep a paddle tire on the 19" if you go to the dunes at all or just another dirt tire so that when you get a flat in the middle of a ride you dont have to change tubes, just wheels. I have an extra wheel and it's really nice.

• byggd

Posted December 31, 2009 - 01:31 PM

Try looking up both on a parts listing and see if the part numbers are the same.:moon:

• JDLowrance

Posted December 31, 2009 - 03:06 PM

Part numbers will not be the same. The WR spokes are for an 18 inch wheel while the YZ spokes are for the 19.

I wouold guess that 4oshun12 must have access to some WR spokes or can get a really good deal on them as it'd probably be cheaper to buy Bucannan's than stock.

John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.