Wr and yz interchangeable parts?

4 replies to this topic
  • Brash1

Posted December 27, 2009 - 08:04 PM

Looking for a wr450 to replace my 2003 yz450f. What of my upgraded parts can I interchange? I've put a drd pipe on, rekluse clutch, applied clamp. Hate to sell over $1000 worth of parts. So I was thinking of buying, swapping some parts then selling the yz. Also, is the power of the wr in the same ballpark as my yz?

• stev0

Posted January 04, 2010 - 04:10 AM

Everything should bolt right on, considdering its a steel frame yZ to steel frame WR.

im not sure about the clutch though, but im 90 percent certain it will work as the yz and wr are almost identical.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted January 04, 2010 - 04:15 AM

.dot dot

Edited by stevh0, January 04, 2010 - 04:16 AM.
eek double post

• wondermuscle

Posted January 04, 2010 - 07:22 AM

The power is just about the same, a bit smoother delivery on the WR.

What type of goodies are you trying to swap?

• Brash1

Posted March 09, 2010 - 04:46 PM

Sorry for the delay. I've been working a ton. Just enjoying the "change" you know. The goodies include swapping my fastlap forks, Applied triple clamp, Rekluse clutch and DRD pipe

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.