CR80 - CR85 Differences

6 replies to this topic
  • rbouillion

Posted December 27, 2009 - 07:42 PM

Besides the cylinder are there any other differences between an 01CR80 and an 03 CR85 relative to parts?

We have an 01 CR80 that's been a problem ever since I bought it a few months ago and now looks like I'm going to have to put another couple hundred in it. I found an 03 CR85 that appear to be in excellent condition for $900 and was wondering how compatiable are the part on these two bikes. Thinking of buying the 85 and turning the 80 into a parts bike?

• motoxmann

Posted December 27, 2009 - 10:32 PM

Bikebandit, mrcycles, and others have online parts diagrams with parts numbers and interchangeability links.
You can look up yourself in just a few minutes.

• rbouillion

Posted December 28, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, I already checked the ignition system and all the part numbers are the same. I'll check a few more of the major components.

My guess is that very few are different.

• natebcr85r

Posted January 02, 2010 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, I already checked the ignition system and all the part numbers are the same. I'll check a few more of the major components.

My guess is that very few are different.

ive had both and ya alot are interchangable. nice pickup with the 85 , great bikes. i wish i still had mine lol.

• byebi

Posted January 03, 2010 - 07:54 AM

plastics and gas tank are different

• fivepointnine

Posted January 03, 2010 - 08:19 AM

plastics and gas tank are the only differences for the most part, they are both 83cc's or something like that

• JJRace

Posted January 03, 2010 - 09:05 AM

The frame is different for the mounting of the different plastics

Cylinder and motor are different. Just slight updates there. When from like 82cc to a true 85cc. half a mm in bore size. Also the cr85s have some engine updates. Believe it is 03-04, then 05-07 or something like that.

But the basic bike like the fender and # plate plastics, forks, wheels, brakes are going to be the same as a last year 02 cr80.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

PWK carb.....to TPS or not to TPS....that is the question by sandy450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 15 replies
Forums
Photo

my 2 smoke is really smoking! by dirty_fun

• Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

1995 CR250R Jeremy McGrath Edition? by dudeMcSpeedy

• Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Cr250 in need of a full rebuild seriously? by Jordansb8

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

bike for female rider? by rhii108

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.