How to check Toyota Sienna Transmission fluid level?

5 replies to this topic
  • LJ

Posted December 27, 2009 - 01:35 PM

Anybody know how to do this?

Do you check it hot, or cold, engine on, engine off???

The owner's manual is totally useless and recommends all service work to be done by a dealer.

Thanks!

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted December 27, 2009 - 02:38 PM

Anybody know how to do this?

Do you check it hot, or cold, engine on, engine off???

The owner's manual is totally useless and recommends all service work to be done by a dealer.

Thanks!

You can do it cold or hot. Have the engine running and on a level surface, in park. Pull the stick out, you will have 4 notches. 2 near the botton, 2 further up. The fluid must be between the bottom notches when its cold, and between the top notches when its warm. Warm is fully warmed up tranny. This occurs a while after the engine is fully warmed up. Now depending on which year Sienna, it will vary on tranny fluid. First gen used Dexron, second gen will have an orange dipstick top, it uses type "T-IV" and the current will be black, and uses type WS, very important you dont put the wrong fluid in it. It will tell you right on the stick as to which fluid you will need. Might be hard to see if you have a little age on the old eyes, but its there.

• LJ

Posted December 27, 2009 - 05:36 PM

Cool, thanks a lot!!!

It's a 2005, and the dip stick says type IV.

It is really suprising to me the owner's manual does not tell you how to do this!

Thanks again,
LTJ.

• LJ

Posted December 27, 2009 - 05:42 PM

By the way, I saw your signature...

It's funny that global warming has been replaced with "climate change", and the fact we've been on a cooling trend for 10 years.

It's more about political control than the environment. Of course if I said this in Santa Cruz Ca (where I live) I'd be arrested by the politically correct police!!!

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted December 27, 2009 - 07:02 PM

By the way, I saw your signature...

It's funny that global warming has been replaced with "climate change", and the fact we've been on a cooling trend for 10 years.

It's more about political control than the environment. Of course if I said this in Santa Cruz Ca (where I live) I'd be arrested by the politically correct police!!!

Well, just for that, you got + feedback and if you need anything else on your van, I have access to the factory repair manuals online! :moon:

2010 is going to be a year where the power will make a shift. :cheers:

• LJ

Posted December 27, 2009 - 08:34 PM

You know, I hope you are right.

I think people who are paying attention to what's going are going to say enough is enough. Most of my level headed friends think the same way and a lot of people are behind the tee tottlers (sp?). It's time for a revolution to take our country back from the people who think they know what's best for us. I think we're getting to a critical point where the people of this great country of ours have to decide if they want to be pampered sheep with no rights and freedoms but rely on the government to solve their proplems, or be like our for fathers who understood what the true freedom and personal responsibility is.

I could go on and on about this..

Thanks again!

LTJ

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.