wobble wobble

1 reply to this topic
  • MADDOG

Posted October 03, 2000 - 06:31 PM

Hey guys, I've got a question about my new tires. I put on a set of bridgestones (M59,M70) and now when i am jumping for any length of time i notice that my bike is wobbling in the air. Is there any way to balance a set of dirt bike tires? thanks MADDOG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Patman

Posted October 03, 2000 - 07:02 PM

Just a thought sir, but as a quick trackside check, you could try to mark the tire with chalk and make a corresponding mark on the rim then break the bead, & twist the tire 180 degrees around the rim so that the heavy spot on the tire ( where ever it was ) is no longer adjacent to the heavy spot on the rim(where ever THAT was).
But there is a weight that goes around the base of the spoke nipple...they balance streetbike wheels with spokes right?

Is the bead seated good all the way around?
Your bearings weren't on there last breath as you tightened the axle nut were they?

Just a thought
Patman at http://patmanracing.tripod.com

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.