regular oil after sythetic

4 replies to this topic
  • Blue Man

Posted May 03, 2003 - 10:38 AM

Can I run reg oil after running synthetic oil (Mobil 1), I want to switch because I have to change my oil way too often. I was thinking about running DELO diesel oil?

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 03, 2003 - 11:20 AM

I dont know about the diesel oil. Regular motor oil is fine after synthetic. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted May 04, 2003 - 03:00 AM

Because I change my oil every other ride,75 to 100 miles. I use Suzuki 20W50 motorcycle oil. It's $2.99 a quart, retail. Seems to works as well as the $6.99 Yamalube R.

If I were racing the Baja 1000, Yamalube R would be my 1st choice. :D

Don't worry about mixing synthetic and dino. Many oils,semi-synthetic, are just that. A mix. :)

• r1superstar

Posted May 05, 2003 - 05:28 PM

The answer is no.

• Chas_M

Posted May 05, 2003 - 07:40 PM

DELO diesel oil would be a good choice for a petroleum based oil. It has as much or more anti-wear additives than most motorcycle specific oils. No problem mixing DELO with synthetic oil.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.