bike wont start wr400.. n no free play on wheels

4 replies to this topic
  • Wrbiker

Posted December 27, 2009 - 04:11 AM

hi guys.. need help on this..

first of all.. when i pull in my clutch, n enage into first gear. the bike wheel is suppose to be running freely when press but it is somehow enaged even before i release the clutch.

if theres no spark coming out from the plug, does that means my stator is damage?

how can i solve this problem.. i could start the bike without any problem before i garage it.

thanks.. and merry christmas... :moon:

• Wrbiker

Posted December 27, 2009 - 04:20 AM

up... please reply here

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Willy Winky

Posted December 27, 2009 - 04:28 AM

Firstly, WR's are known to have an issue with wires breaking up near the steering head. Don't know which ones they are though.
As for the clutch grabbing, this is a common occurrence on a lot of bikes when cold...no big deal

• Wrbiker

Posted December 27, 2009 - 07:33 AM

thanks... i will check on the wires again..

merry christmas.. :moon:

• ArcticWR400

Posted December 27, 2009 - 09:21 AM

As for the stuck clutch, don't force anything. Stick it in nuetral and let it idle a couple mins (once you get it started) before trying to put it in gear. Then make sure you have space to roll because if the clutch isn't disengaging all the way and you kick it into gear, it would suck to chug right into the side of your garage/car/livingroom. Mine does that sometimes but if i let it warm up just a little bit (usually long enough for me to put on helmet, put away axle stand in backpack, adjust goggles and confirm no leaks) she's good to go!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.