Woodruff key broke, Dealer ask's if I want YZ450??

5 replies to this topic
  • DKyle

Posted May 03, 2003 - 08:35 AM

Dealer lapped crank and put locktite on and before we loaded it up, it's brand new, the key sheared. He says that If I want, I can have a YZ450. I don't know what to do. I would rather have a WR but everyone acts as if there is no guarantee that a new key will solve all the problems. Are they making a different key now to fix this? Should I go ahead and get the YZ? HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• gloft

Posted May 03, 2003 - 10:05 AM

If your dealer did the work properly, you shouldn't have any more problems. Mine has been bullet proof since it was serviced. One guy posted overt 2000 miles since his was fixed. :)

• sjw

Posted May 03, 2003 - 10:49 AM

just dropped mine off today,never had any problems,hope I dont when I get it back!will give update next week... 545 miles #1033 vin number

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted May 03, 2003 - 11:15 AM

I would have it redone! Mine has never been done. 1,316. miles on stock woodruff key! Forget the YZ450 it is a pure MX monster :)

• Lon13

Posted May 03, 2003 - 04:17 PM

Check my post on the TSB. (who does it?). If mine breaks again, and my dealership gives me a choice, I'm taking the CHECK!!! :)

• WR450

Posted May 04, 2003 - 03:37 AM

Get them to do it properly and you will see the WR450 is the best dirt bike around by far.
Dont let the odd pessimist put you off :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.