• boldigin

Posted December 25, 2009 - 08:33 AM

hey,
My dad is 6'5" and the stock seat on his 2006 wr450 is too firm for his taste
he's looking at getting a guts seat.
which should he get?
tall foam but what density?
He weighs about 220
i searched the forums but could find much info.

thanks

p.s. he rides dual sport most of the time so there alot of sitting involved

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 25, 2009 - 10:11 AM

I have been using the tall soft for years and like it but I think if I dual sported a lot I might go with the medium density. I would also recommend staying away from their "hardcore gripper" cover unless they tell you in person that they have started using a new material... it rips and wears WAY to fast. I have had their "competition" cover on for a couple years now and it is an awesome cover.:moon:

They also have a "comfort style" seat now that looks like it's designed for DS'ing... don't know if it comes in a TALL application though. Check it out, and if you end up going with it report back:ride:

• boldigin

Posted December 25, 2009 - 10:49 AM

I have been using the tall soft for years and like it but I think if I dual sported a lot I might go with the medium density. I would also recommend staying away from their "hardcore gripper" cover unless they tell you in person that they have started using a new material... it rips and wears WAY to fast. I have had their "competition" cover on for a couple years now and it is an awesome cover.:moon:

They also have a "comfort style" seat now that looks like it's designed for DS'ing... don't know if it comes in a TALL application though. Check it out, and if you end up going with it report back:ride:

okay thanks

and does anyone know what the stock seat density is equal to in the guts?

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 25, 2009 - 01:12 PM

okay thanks

and does anyone know what the stock seat density is equal to in the guts?

My guess would be hard...

The thing with DS'ing is that you want a little wider saddle and not too soft. Too soft and you end up with a wedgie, if I DS very far at all I stand up alot and will continually shift contact point from one butt cheek to the other right from the start... I do not suggest tall soft for DS'ing.

My buddy has that comfort seat on his 525exc and he dual sports alot and claims to really like it. I just don't know if it comes in a "tall" and your Dad definitely needs the tall.

• Lankyrider

Posted December 26, 2009 - 01:51 AM

I use the tall/hard seat on my YZ. I had the medium but it felt too soft that's why i changed to hard. I'm 6.5 too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted December 27, 2009 - 08:57 AM

I use the tall/hard seat on my YZ. I had the medium but it felt too soft that's why i changed to hard. I'm 6.5 too.

Tall hard here also, DS means sitting alot and you will be feeling the seat pan real soon with the soft.

• boldigin

Posted December 27, 2009 - 03:09 PM

okay thanks, i think hes going with the tall medium

• boldigin

Posted December 31, 2009 - 10:01 AM

And does anyone have a guts racing coupon code?

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted January 01, 2010 - 12:42 PM

I am 6'3" and use the Guts tall firm and find the seat breaks in and is very comfortable for long DS rides, I have had this seat since 2004 and its great.

That plus the Thumperracing 1.5" bar risers make standing up so much better, less energy taxing, for the stand up position.

• NMNORGE

Posted January 03, 2010 - 01:23 PM

Posted Image
Here is the Guts tall soft with flamer cover. This cover seemed to be the least abrasive for avoiding monkey butt. It is not as strong as the competition cover. I prefer soft foam and I weigh 220 pounds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.