TT FNG and a new YZ450F

9 replies to this topic
  • moosemuss

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:20 AM

New to TT, but not to MX. I'm a 45 year-old vet rider, currently on my third tour to Iraq. I came home for R&R and on my second day decided to visit the local shops while my wife slept (she's a nurse and worked a 7P to 7A shift the night before). Just wanted to look and see what I was missing this time around over there.

So I went to Honda and they had a '10 CRF250 and said they could order me a '10 450. My last eight bikes, or so, have been Hondas. I'm too old to really enjoy a 250F - just sold one before I deployed. So I left and went up the road to the Yamaha/Suzuki dealer. When I pulled in to the lot, there it was in the center of the window. I hate to say I "had to have it", but you know the rest. They gave me a discount because I'm active duty and deployed, and I wrote a check and rolled a 2010 YZ450F out the door. Last YZ I had was in 1990, when they were red and white and had the monster YZM radiator shrouds.

Weather is too crappy to ride, and I have to fly back to Iraq in a couple of days. But I have started it up several times, and just cracking the throttle bumps up my heart rate. Aside from the C-RAM guns which protect our base from mortars, best sound I have heard in months.

Very interested to see how they do in competition. Know JS7 will rip on his, but hoping to see good results over the next 7 months while I do the rest of my time over there. I figure the weather will be perfect in JUL when we redeploy... Anyway, looking forward to good stuff from TT and thanks for reading.

• bloodline

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:24 AM

Big congrats and thank you for your service.

• Thumper38

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:26 AM

moosemuss, Thank you for your service in the military! My brother did two tours too!

• cowboyona426

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:32 AM

Congrats on the new purchase, and a big THANK YOU for your service. Its nice that you get to be home for the holidays I bet!

• ace402

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the service

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZMoney520

Posted December 23, 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for your service and congrats!!!

• FinchFan194

Posted December 23, 2009 - 01:24 PM

Thank you for your service you are a hero in my eyes and congrats on the new bike!

• DPW

Posted December 23, 2009 - 01:56 PM

Thank you for your service and have fun with the new bike....

• mediumfast

Posted December 23, 2009 - 10:21 PM

be safe over there and give us a ride report when you get back. god bless.

• twenty34

Posted December 23, 2009 - 10:27 PM

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.