Pipe / Jetting 99 YZ400

1 reply to this topic
  • kmcbride

Posted September 30, 2000 - 07:15 AM

I an in the process of converting my YZ400 for enduros. I am considering buying a FMF powercoreIV2SA and wanted to get feedback on performance and any necessary carb. adjustment. I am also debating on weighting the flywheel because most of my riding is in tight woods. Any experience/feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thebray

Posted October 02, 2000 - 04:43 PM

I run a '99 YZ with a Ty Davis 10 oz. flywheel weight.You cant beat this mod for smoothing out the hit of MX bikes.It also helps with stalls at low speeds.
I dont know about the FMF pipe.I have the DMC(dave miller concepts)pipe which gives you a nice grunt off the bottom.
Go with a skidplate and aluminum handguards also.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.