demo means what?

4 replies to this topic
  • bill97gtp

Posted December 22, 2009 - 07:45 PM

looking at an 08 yz450 said would sell a demo for 3390 no set up or delivery charges.??? I was wondering what is allowed to call it a demo and not consider it used.

• grayracer513

Posted December 22, 2009 - 07:53 PM

It means a bunch of people rode it, but it was never sold at retail, so it's not "used".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gfmoto

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:22 PM

yeah they rode it like it wasn't their bike and could care less what happens!!

• FinchFan194

Posted December 22, 2009 - 08:58 PM

I brought up this same ? a few months ago many members on here advised against buying a demo bike. I guess it is like any used bike go and look at it and see what kind of condition it is in. The clutch and ignition covers are black and it wears off quickly so if those only have a few scuffs then the bike should have low hours.

• bill97gtp

Posted December 23, 2009 - 07:13 PM

went and checked prices at local dealership...and showed ad for 08 demo and if could come close to price.showed me an 07 demo which was in ok shape.then ushered me to an 08 trade in....pipe looked brand new front sprocket teeth we curved over think someone saved their new parts and put them back on at trade in time...and kept creeping the out the door up...using the goofy four square...doesnt work well when its cash.they are as bad as car dealerships.....course I have fifteen years working at car dealership and know the crafty sales tactics.........business as usual think I'll look private prarty

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.