IMS/Clarke tank for '10 YZ450F?

9 replies to this topic
  • McGill

Posted December 22, 2009 - 05:09 PM

Will they build one?

Because if you look at the new design with the airbox under the tank and the EFI, I can't figure out how they'll make one. If they don't I might have to go KTM next year when I get a 450.

• DPW

Posted December 22, 2009 - 06:01 PM

have you contacted IMS/Clarke...? They'd be the best people to ask...just sayin'

• LIL ROG

Posted December 22, 2009 - 09:25 PM

from the looks of things I dont think there is any way to make one

• jlkfg

Posted December 23, 2009 - 08:23 AM

I'm pretty sure they will be able to make one, but we probably won't like the $$. They'll just have to incorporate intake tube, shrouds, maybe airbox into the tank design.

• 99COURT99

Posted December 23, 2009 - 08:32 AM

I contacted the folks at Clark, IMS, and Acerbis about larger tanks for this bike. They are all just starting the design process on this (GOOD NEWS) but don't expect to have anything until late-spring/early summer (BAD NEWS). The design will probably replace existing radiator shrowds with fuel carrying shrowd much like the Acerbis tank for the KTM 530. hope this helps, until then it's the "human molitov cocktail" for the longer rides.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe_Jet

Posted December 23, 2009 - 05:47 PM

Just get a large capacity Camelback. Why buy an MX bike if you`re gonna cruise the woods or dez? Just get a WR.

• grayracer513

Posted December 23, 2009 - 09:52 PM

Just get a large capacity Camelback. Why buy an MX bike if you`re gonna cruise the woods or dez? Just get a WR.

Why buy a trail bike if you're going to race in the desert? Suspension, handling, weight, and power of the YZ is superior to the WR.

• 99COURT99

Posted December 24, 2009 - 03:55 AM

Why buy a YZ for BAJA.....cause I can.

• eazrider

Posted December 24, 2009 - 09:15 PM

Everyone I ride with uses a Camelback, or some sort of backpack. The 2 liter coke bottles, while potential Molitovs themselves, work well for topping off the tank after you get 15-20 miles down the trail. The coke bottles are already designed to withstand impact (sort of) and high pressures. After the refill, you can flatten it and put it back in your pack. (or not)...You don't know "heavy handling" until after you've ridden one of those older KTMs that had the fuel hanging off the side in those hollow radiator shrouds. There has to be a better design than that.....

• moto278

Posted December 24, 2009 - 10:00 PM

the tank still fills in the same spot(in front of the rider). wouldnt it be possible to just build up from that spot and go over the airbox and what not up towards the handlebars? isnt that kinda what they do now anyway?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.