Yammyhappy

5 replies to this topic
  • MXOldtimer

Posted September 29, 2000 - 06:26 PM

Well (if you dont know)last Sunday my tank cracked two hair line cracks in the rear, on each side where it goes over the frame. I took the tank to the dealer, he said he would call Yammy later to see if they would warranty it. He called me in a few hours and said I was waaayyyy out of warranty but they will replace the tank anyway (no charge) WooooHoooo " Two big thumbs up for Yammy "

Doug

• MikeOK

Posted September 29, 2000 - 06:39 PM

Yo Doug, do you scramble or moto? The reason I'm asking is that after doing moto's every weekend for the past 7 weekends and reaching the point to where everything in my body hurts, I'm thinking it might be time for me to do scrambles instead for awhile. I really love MX, just I started about 15 years too late. Anyway, I remember someone on the RMD posting how they had changed their YZF gears to the WR gears. I was also wondering how effective just changing sprockets would be since I'm not wanting to split my cases until mine is due for a top-end. Any advice?

Mike

• MXOldtimer

Posted September 29, 2000 - 07:37 PM

MikeOk

I just moto now, gave up the cross country a few years ago,,,,but,,,, I sure seem to be getting the itch to do a 100 miler again, that new 01 WR-250 thumper just might be my ticket if I could get one.
I know of a guy that put the WR 1 st & 2nd in his YZF , I think I recall him saying it cost $ 500.00 but dont quote me on that.

Doug

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXOldtimer

Posted September 29, 2000 - 07:44 PM

MikeOk

Dont give up the MX yet ! just think if, your whole body hurts, it can't get any worse,,,,, only better.

Doug

• MikeOK

Posted September 30, 2000 - 04:05 AM

hey I never looked at it that way! I'm going straight moto now! yahoooo

Mike

• YZ426_Kicks

Posted October 02, 2000 - 02:27 PM

Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

Well (if you dont know)last Sunday my tank cracked two hair line cracks in the rear, on each side where it goes over the frame. I took the tank to the dealer, he said he would call Yammy later to see if they would warranty it. He called me in a few hours and said I was waaayyyy out of warranty but they will replace the tank anyway (no charge) WooooHoooo " Two big thumbs up for Yammy "

Doug

Hey Doug,

I just wanted to say " way to go " on Yammie fixing your tank. It was definitely good to here that they're helping you out. Hope you're up and running shortly.

God Bless!

Randy
YZ426 Kicks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.